[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Creation Filter [Poll]

NoNeedNoNeed
Reactions: 920
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello everyone, I have recently been thinking about how we could update the character creation within the game. One of the things that came to my mind was the filters that you can use in order to filter the Mages from Archers, Warriors, Pirates and Thieves. This idea came from me creating new characters constantly, and the very first question is, which class do I prefer, rather than looking at all 40+ classes, it would be quite cool to narrow it down to the 5 main branches, if not then "races"

2efksic.jpg

Upon going to the character creation screen, you could be shown this window of some sort which has the 5 specific class icons with their corresponding colours.

2l913k4.jpg

Then if you click on any of the icons, a list will the roll out showing all of the names of classes which fall under that category. (Didn't include any in the image above as it was a quick concept.)

You will then be able to choose the name of the class and the image of the character portrait will show along with the information about the class and of course the button to create the character.

ALTERNATIVELY, this could be split into "Races", so Explores, Resistance, Nova, Cygnus, Heroes, Sengoku, etc. As you are probably aware, there is a similar thing going on right now as well, but for example, Demon Avenger and Demon Slayer have their own icon, despite being in Resistance.

This is by no needs something that I NEED to see within the game, this is just an idea which I'd like to get some opinions on, because why not.
  1. Would you like to see a class filter system when creating a character?12 votes
    1. Sure! Sounds interesting.
       83% (10 votes)
    2. Nah! It sounds too complicated.
       17% (2 votes)