[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make the login more clean.

RikNLRikNL
Reactions: 2,605
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I was thinking of making the loginin a bit more convenient with make those GRAZED and other merged servers together and have one login menu instead of 2.

I had to much time so I made a concept. (I merged those GRAZES MYBCKN Khroa to one server so it looks more cleaner)

49Odc8Y.png

It is a lot cleaner and in my oppinion looks better. What do you guys think?
  1. Do you like the idea?10 votes
    1. yes
       70% (7 votes)
    2. no
       30% (3 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    But what of people who play in Broa? If they click Khaini, they won't see their characters. (and the same for people in the other allied worlds)
    That is the difference between world merge and world alliance. In an alliance, characters still belong to only one world in that alliance.
    JettLuvsU
  • RikNLRikNL
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I think they should merge the alliances. It makes it a lot more clear and uncomplicated. Just like KMS did.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    RikNL wrote: »
    I think they should merge the alliances. It makes it a lot more clear and uncomplicated. Just like KMS did.

But it creates problems, similar to what EU Kradia and Demethos went through when they were merged into Luna: loss of guilds, buddies, and even marriages; character slot issues (can't expand even when having less than cap); storage issues (what if you have more than cap items in all the world storages put together)?; cash storage issues (same dea); and probably more that I can't think of right now.

The world-select needs to be cleaned up, it's true, but not like that.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    People form Khani and Broa can become buddys when they are playing now right?
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    storage issues (what if you have more than cap items in all the world storages put together).

Their solution is the same as with character slots, you get all your items in a combined storage, but as you take them out, you lose excess slots until you get under the cap.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Salutations :)

In the Maplestory Discord, i read an idea which i thought was pretty cool... if only i remembered who it was... But it was someone

But they said something about just making tabs for the worlds

Like Lets say GRAZED and MYBCKN and Scania, Reboot were the only 4 worlds, but when u click on GRAZED all the world that would be in GRAZED would pop up, so it would just look cleaner... but of course we would still have the worlds and stuff :o.
    (I guess it could be unfair since people that are in scania, and reboot get to click on the world and choose a channel and go to the character screen..)
    But still it would make GMS look nicer? Or Cleaner

If the person that said this idea in the maple discord read this... please "@" me then i'll edit it and say it was your idea :)

I also thought since Europe side of GMS has only 1 world i thought why not just send them to the character screen... but then i thought well they would want to choose a specific channel and it won't work but maybe if someone could add-on to this idea to make it better, like another way for players to choose there own cc before being sent to the character screen, or this idea won't work since... maybe people just like seeing the world server screen and it's arts and stuff :/
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    pretty sure the region selection is needed because you connect to a regional (log-in) server and then the servers within that regional server are displayed. since the server that the Luna server is in, is at a completely different place physically, it's not possible to remove that step and make the server select more clean by merging them into 1 menu from what I understand.
  • matrixphijrmatrixphijr
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    pretty sure the region selection is needed because you connect to a regional (log-in) server and then the servers within that regional server are displayed. since the server that the Luna server is in, is at a completely different place physically, it's not possible to remove that step and make the server select more clean by merging them into 1 menu from what I understand.

Well that was incredibly poor foresight.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

It is poor foresight to have login servers physically near the game servers so as to reduce the latency when logging in and changing channels and doing whatever else requires the login server to re-verify you are you?

I see...
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited August 2017

eh, not really, that's just how that works.

most games that have multiple servers in a single region but also have servers in other regions work like this.
    but seeing how there are a lot of games that just have 1 server per reigon they service, they end up with the neater look that you want.

there really isnt a way around this, especially as this game offers a very unique feature of going different instances (or channels) within the same server you are playing in, and uses the login server to do it.

I can agree with making allied worlds have tabs to both, lessen the clutter and for newer players to understand that they are servers that are allied/tied together.
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited August 2017
    Sorry guys but you're wrong about it not being possible. They could change how the networking pathway hooks up so that selecting a world sends you to the right login server automatically. But that would involve changing wizet code so of course they won't go anywhere near it.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited August 2017
    Sorry guys but you're wrong about it not being possible. They could change how the networking pathway hooks up so that selecting a world sends you to the right login server automatically. But that would involve changing wizet code so of course they won't go anywhere near it.

maybe they could, but how it works right now is, you log in after selecting the regional portal (regional login server), you are not logged in until after you select the region and you have to be logged in to select the channel.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    A lot is possible. Like in EMS when your Supreme Worold character got created. You did the quest by Cassandera and she cloned your character (with skin and hair) to Supreme as a lv1 beginer. She kicks you out of Kradia and relogs you to Supreme world without having to do anything (like PIC).

Like in this video. at 0:45
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited August 2017
    RikNL wrote: »
    A lot is possible. Like in EMS when your Supreme Worold character got created. You did the quest by Cassandera and she cloned your character (with skin and hair) to Supreme as a lv1 beginer. She kicks you out of Kradia and relogs you to Supreme world without having to do anything (like PIC).

Like in this video. at 0:45

yea but they were both servers in the same region and used the same login server, they were not completely separated like EU and NA servers are.

what you just described is no different than someone in the NA servers jumping off a character from their reg server to a character in reboot, sure you have a character cloneing process but that's actually really easy to implement as it just needs to know what characteristics your reg server character had (like hair, face..etc) and create the character in the Supreme server, also IIRC, supreme only had 1 channel, so the login process could be simplified for that smooth transition.