[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New skin colors for existing characters too

iBeariBear
Reactions: 920
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Patch note has new skins for new characters shown below:
-Two new skin colors (Mercedes Elf Tone and Aran Clay Tone) are added to all character creation options that allow a choice of skin color. Four characters (Mercedes, Demon Avenger, Demon Slayer, and Jett) do not receive this addition since they can't choose skins.

I can't confirm this as I cannot create a new character because of my char slots being full.

I went to the henesys dermatologist to see if existing characters can change into the new skins but there is no option for it.
I think it would be great go give the option to change into the new skin colors for existing characters too.
P.S -With the use of skin color change coupon from cash shop of course. Unless there is a event giving out free coupons.

Comments

• duelghostduelghost
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    It's probably not worth trying to test stuff that GMST intentionally blocks (i.e. Cash Shop). If they wanted us to test it out then they would make it available.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    duelghost wrote: »
    It's probably not worth trying to test stuff that GMST intentionally blocks (i.e. Cash Shop). If they wanted us to test it out then they would make it available.

It's not a question of the cash shop, though.
    If you go to a skincare NPC, even without a coupon, it will show you the selection of skin colors you could get. And for some reason the new colors aren't available.
  • duelghostduelghost
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

If you go to a skincare NPC, even without a coupon, it will show you the selection of skin colors you could get. And for some reason the new colors aren't available.

Cash Shop was just an example, what I'm saying is that if the devs wanted us to test something, they would give us the means to do so. In this case it would be extra character slots.

Also I might be reading into this too much, but the patch notes say that "Two new skin colors (Mercedes Elf Tone and Aran Clay Tone) are added to all character creation options that allow a choice of skin color." But they don't mention it's available for existing characters to change into.
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

Cash Shop was just an example, what I'm saying is that if the devs wanted us to test something, they would give us the means to do so. In this case it would be extra character slots.

Also I might be reading into this too much, but the patch notes say that "Two new skin colors (Mercedes Elf Tone and Aran Clay Tone) are added to all character creation options that allow a choice of skin color." But they don't mention it's available for existing characters to change into.

Hence the suggestion...?
  • duelghostduelghost
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Matty wrote: »

Hence the suggestion...?

See my first comment.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I really hope they allow existing characters to get the new skin tones. People have been asking for them for the longest time. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer for my Aran to have his proper skin tone...