[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Reboot] Blaster DC problems

VulcanfistVulcanfist
Reactions: 400
edited August 2017 in Tech Support
I keep getting disconnected when I do my blaster combos! This is the third day where I am unable to finish Gollux and cHorntail because of getting DCed mid-fight. I also get DCed during the Eluna Prospects event, and occasionally when I simply grind for exp. I tried reinstalling the game several times but it keeps happening, and it seems to only happen on my blaster. I tried searching for a fix but could not find one. Do the keys I use for my keybindings trigger something in my pc that interferes with the game? Or is this a universal problem with all blasters? Did I choose the wrong class to main? :c

My keybindings:
A - Shotgun Punch
S - Weaving
D - Bobbing
Alt - Jump
End - Magnum Punch + Revolving Cannon
Page Down - Double Blast + Revolving Cannon

I really love the blaster playstyle, so any help is appreciated!

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    might be the keybindings, put them all on letters and see what happens, you can leave alt as jump
    Vulcanfist
  • VulcanfistVulcanfist
    Reactions: 400
    edited August 2017
    might be the keybindings, put them all on letters and see what happens, you can leave alt as jump

I switched everything to letters (including the jump) and I no longer DC! Thank you so much! :D

For others who might have my problem now or in the future that stumble upon this discussion, my new keybindings are:

F - Shotgun Punch
    Shift - Weaving
    A - Bobbing
    C - Jump
    S - Magnum Punch + Revolving Cannon
    D - Double Blast + Revolving Cannon
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    good good

I believe the reason you d/c was because of alt + end since for blaster you press them at the same time, it may have caused it to d/c

for your new settings, check if you have the shift shortcut off, some computers when you press shift 5 times rapidly it creates a shortcut and that could be hazardous during gameplay