[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Give Enhancement Nodes better milestone buffs

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
All nodes either have a +1 enemy hit or +5% crit rate + 20% monster ignore milestone passive for when a node reaches skill level 20 and 40. Some of these passives are entirely useless for a class (let's say Mihile) who has an enrage buff that adds another target hit to their assault skill which already hits 2 mobs for some reason. If they hit 3 mobs but still 1 mob when enraged then the passive is totally useless.

So my suggestion is to give unique passives to each enhancement core milestone so that each class has it's own uniqueness when they reach certain levels on those nodes.

Example: If Blast is level 20 and currently gives +1 enemy hit, let's try to make something better as a passive like increasing max elemental charge stacks from 5 to 6. This does more good than increasing the max mob count on a bossing skill and allows the class to benefit more than just from fighting a boss who has more than 2 body parts. I know it doesn't make sense for blast to increase max charge stacks but I'm just making an example. A real example would be to auto use Panic when attacking every 30 seconds with 0 delay and no combo consumption on a hero who has level 40 Panic enhancement node

Also: Try giving the least desired skills the best passives, as that would encourage people to actually try to max out those nodes.
SlicedTimeRolls

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    true
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited August 2017
    I think making the milestones unique for each skill would make the V Matrix system a lot more interesting.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited August 2017
    Personally I would love for this to happen.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    When 5th Job was first being implemented in KMS, there was a level 50 Enhancement Node bonus that gave 20% Boss Damage to an attack skill, but it got scrapped in the official release. So while I agree about updating Enhancement Node milestone effects, what I'm primarily suggesting is to add unique level 50 milestone effects, but I also might as well include some changes to existing milestone effects, so that maxing out your enhancement node skills would feel much more rewarding. But suggesting new bonus effects for each class in the game would take too long for me to make, so for now, I'll just focus on my main class, Kinesis.
    • Kinetic Crash - 50: Kinetic Shift = Now pulls enemies toward you. (Graphically, the first pulse would push enemies, then the second pulse would pull them toward you.)
    • Kinetic Piledriver - 50: Metal Shockwave = Metal objects from Ultimate - Metal Press now persist for 3 seconds. During that time, you can cast Kinetic Piledriver with the metal object in range to create a shockwave that has the same number of hits and max targets as Ultimate - Metal Press and deals 80% of Ultimate - Metal Press's Final Damage. Each metal object can only create one shockwave. (The shockwave has the same attack range as Mental Shock.)
    • Psychic Drain - 50: Prolonged Drain = Now lasts 20 seconds.
    • Psychic Assault - 50: Condensed Force = Damage Over Time interval is now 0.5 seconds.
    • Kinetic Combo - 50: Infinite Combo = Ultimate type skills, Psychic Force, Psychic Shot, Psychic Drain, and Mental Tempest can now activate Kinetic Combo.
    • Psychic Clutch - 50: Extra Grab = Psychic Clutch now grabs 1 additional enemy, adding an extra hit to Psychic Smash and an extra projectile for Ultimate - Psychic Shot, which no longer costs Psychic Points, but also gets a 3 second cooldown.
    • Mind Break - 20: Longer Wavelength = Attack range is increased by 40%, 40: Increased Frequency = Final Damage boost now lasts 40 seconds, 50: Higher Amplitude = Final Damage boost cap is now 30%.
    • Ultimate - Metal Press - 50: Double Press = Now drops an extra metal object behind you, but Psychic Point Cost is increased to 12. The two metal objects have separate Target Limits from each other. (Can be toggled by double-clicking the Ultimate - Metal Press Boost icon.)
    • Ultimate - Deep Impact - 40: Weakened Resistance = Enemies hit resist the buff removal effect for only 90 seconds now, 50: Deep Crash = Enemies hit will now be blocked from receiving new buffs for 20 seconds, in addition to suffering the buff removal effect.
    • Ultimate - Trainwreck - 50: Latest Model = Damage no longer decays and now lasts 15 seconds.
    • Ultimate - BPM - 50: 360 Barrage = Now attacks in 360 degrees, but attack range is decreased by 50%. (Can be toggled by double-clicking the Ultimate - BPM Boost icon.)
    • Mental Tempest - 20: Mental Pick-me-up = Now also resets the cooldown of Psychic Charger after casting, 40: Echoing Blows = After casting, now deals an extra Final Blow at every 30 second mark of the cooldown, 50: Raining Metal = For the first 60 seconds of the cooldown, all attacks now have a 50% chance to deal 300% damage to a single enemy with a projectile.
    • Mental Shock - 20: Mental Collapse = You now gain 10% Final Damage when attacking bound enemies, 40: Frequent Traumas = Cooldown is now 150 seconds, 50: Total Breakdown = Bind now always lasts 20 seconds.
    foussiremixSlicedTime
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    The main skill for bishop doesn't even do anything for the level 40 bonus thanks to a needless nerf.