[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to deal with runtime termination error?

DeadlyDonkeyDeadlyDonkey
Reactions: 510
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Archive
Well so some of us experience abnormal file termination errors while trying to enter the game.
Me, Pizza and some other guys have experienced that. I can't exactly tell the reasons to that, but my guesses are that they may be:
1. Legion System
2. Maple Guide
I told Arwoo about that problem, and he will try to deal with that, and hopefully it wouldn't happen in regular server.
Now Some guys had some solutions but not all work. Here are 3 which helped us. Number 2 helped me:
1. Simply restart the computer. It fixes the problem many times.
2. Don't touch the game through the intro when opening, and don't touch the game while connecting to servers.
3. Install c++ redistributable package. It didn't fix my problem, but it may help as it helped our VFM AlexF.
Hope it helped you,
Tal.

Comments

• RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I only got that error with characters that have the maple guide open so +1 to that. Restarting doesn't help either.
  • DeadlyDonkeyDeadlyDonkey
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Tried without touching?
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Haven't been able to login again, cause fo the runtime error.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Like can't even press on play? After some times it disappeared for me.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Like can't even press on play? After some times it disappeared for me.

After selection my character and clicking the PIC, I get runtiime error upon connecting to the server.
  • duelghostduelghost
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I've been getting this a lot. Return to town scrolls and teleport rock can also cause it.

My only solution is just to be persistent with it. It can take several tries before it let's you in.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Anyway, no more PTS, and nexon didn't listen to us, which makes all our efforts... useless.