[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Keep getting disconnected for "hacking reasons"

bootlickerbootlicker
Reactions: 1,475
edited August 2017 in Bug Reporting
Hi my in game name is HannahCuffs. I am a Jett and my world is El Nido on the GAZED server. Since this new update I have gotten disconnected for the server 3 times in the last 40 minutes while mobbing for "Hacking Reasons". This is complete bull crap because I have never hacked this game in the 7 years I I've played it. Please, fix these issues because it is ruining the game for me. I cannot build up any kind of combos, I can't complete missions for the event and must keep recharging my soul weapon.

Thx!

Moderator Note:

Hello.

Please follow the Bug Reporting format when posting in this subforum.
Lilyflower

Comments

• bootlickerbootlicker
    edited August 2017
    Bug type: Hacking Detected forceful disconnects

Brief bug summary: Game disconnects me from mobbing almost immediately even though I am not using any sort of hack or scripting tool at all. I am just trying to play the game legitimately.

More details: Using starforce salvo almost exclusively to build combo numbers

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Just try killing mobs to collect exp orbs and drops and using starforce salvo.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: HannahCuffs

Character level: 220

Character job: Jett

World name: El Nido in GAZED

Date and time of the incident: all morning 7:15 - 8:45 Central 8/31/2017

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    edited August 2017
    Now I just got disconnected for "hacking" hard Hilla. Please, fix this.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    edited August 2017
    Apparently, I'll get kicked for not doing anything at all. I can just be idle in town and get disconnected for hacking. I signed on earlier and went and did some housework only to come back and see I was kicked for standing around away from keyboard for hacking. :/
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited August 2017
    I think a full shutdown will fix it. I've had that happen in the past and a full shutdown fixed it.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    edited August 2017
    I shut down the computer and restarted to no avail. I have uninstalled everything associated with nexon and maplestory. I am going to bite the bullet and redownload everything from scratch. Probably take about 8 hours to redownload everything and see if that clears up the problem.
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited August 2017
    bootlicker wrote: »
    I shut down the computer and restarted to no avail. I have uninstalled everything associated with nexon and maplestory. I am going to bite the bullet and redownload everything from scratch. Probably take about 8 hours to redownload everything and see if that clears up the problem.

I don't suggest doing that. This is something that was supposedly patched but apparently not. There is no actual solution or current feedback as to where they are with this issue, along with many other game-breaking bugs and glitches.

You're just going to have to accept that this is "Maplestory/Nexon" and the only way to play the game is to play a broken one... meanwhile they rake in tons of cash lol.

Example... I've spoken with at least one forum moderator about some of the issues that frequently occur on a daily basis i.e. keyboard freezing up and doing things like (rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) until I unplug it and replug it, disconnection issues, being booted for "hack" reasons, etc.

The only thing he said was something along the lines of, "stop calling us names". (Even though no names or insults were used...)

All in all, they will not read what you have to say (tons of people who had glitched takeover boxes missed out on the rewards of the last event)
    nor do they care.