[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Occult Cubes as boss drops

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The V.188 update wrecked a lot of havoc on the game. Although my alliance members said the nodestone nerf wasn't so bad as the nodestone drop rate got "buffed" while drop rate enhancers were crippled, I bet everyone else got hurt during their dailies.

Aside from that refreshing 50 RP from killing a boss, everyone loves those master and meister cube drops. I used to whip out all my drop equipment and go out with my wolf and slaughter all the bosses and reap in like 5 cubes for the day which was typical. With the new nerf in place, I've gotten no cubes from my dailies with all that drop gear. I was lucky to find one in Empress since she is one of the "guaranteed" cube dropping bosses who you can kill twice a week. The chances of getting boss accessories from Zakum Horntail and Magnus has gotten slimmer. It is more difficult to find accessories to fuse, cube and enhance for my mules.

The new nerf will make cube hunting a lot harder considering we don't don't have Occult Cubes or Rebirth Flames (boss drop flames) as guaranteed boss drops like in KMS. It will be harder for players to get cubes to gain range for themselves or for their mules.

Should Occult Cubes be a guaranteed drop from bosses now? I'm sorry i wrote the survey wrong; my fingers are too fast.
  1. Should Occult Cubes always from bosses now?31 votes
    1. Yes
       68% (21 votes)
    2. No
       32% (10 votes)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    that spicy refreshing 50 rp
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2017
    i don't want occult cubes to completely replace the current cubes we get from boss drops. Sometimes when I kill Empress, I get nothing. I am hoping this change will allow Occult cubes to always drop so there is no such thing as "cube-less boss run." Even if we do get master cubes, the 3 additional occult cubes would still be nice considering they stack and don't expire.

EXAMPLE: Kill Cygnus, 3 masters, 3 occult cubes (Lucky Cygnus Kill)

EXAMPLE: Kill Cygnus, 0 masters, 3 occult cubes (Unlucky Cygnus Kill)

Occult cubes will make it so you have more cubes than bosses killed regardless how shitty your luck is.

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2017
    I'm shocked people are voting no. I know we can get master craftsman cubes from bosses (not so much due to the massive drop rate nerfs) but having occult cubes as an extra wouldn't be bad.
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2017
    Yep Occult cubes are great for the game. It's a poor decision to make them only available in events. As it was in the takeover event, it would be great if they also came from the monster collection boxes. It's of the upmost importance that occult cubes don't replace the craftsman cube drops because that will only hurt progression.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Yep Occult cubes are great for the game. It's a poor decision to make them only available in events. As it was in the takeover event, it would be great if they also came from the monster collection boxes. It's of the upmost importance that occult cubes don't replace the craftsman cube drops because that will only hurt progression.

they do come from monster collection boxes.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    It's of the upmost importance that occult cubes don't replace the craftsman cube drops because that will only hurt progression.

Could you imagine if that actually happened? The worst part is, I could see Nexon doing it. Purely for the fact that they've made incredibly poor choices in the past. Nexon seems to be unpredictable in the worst ways.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    I'm shocked people are voting no. I know we can get master craftsman cubes from bosses (not so much due to the massive drop rate nerfs) but having occult cubes as an extra wouldn't be bad.

But you can get them so easily from doing Monster collection, which is why I will also vote no. I get so many that I just waste because they aren't even tradable. I don't see the point in them even being around anymore since Epic Potential 50%s are easily obtained from Elite botters bosses. Would be nice if they were changed to allow a tier up to Unique but lesser than Master cubes, which are already low chances, might I add.
    Eyjafjoll
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »

But you can get them so easily from doing Monster collection, which is why I will also vote no. I get so many that I just waste because they aren't even tradable. I don't see the point in them even being around anymore since Epic Potential 50%s are easily obtained from Elite botters bosses. Would be nice if they were changed to allow a tier up to Unique but lesser than Master cubes, which are already low chances, might I add.

Nothing wrong with having more though. There's really no reason to vote no. Plus, these cubes are great for cubing mule gear for legion.
    Daxterbeer
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »

None of those reasons would explain why it'd be a bad idea for Occult Cubes to become a regular boss drop. There's multiple ways to get other cubes, I see no reason why occult cubes should be any different. And did you really just argue that occult cubes shouldn't be a thing because of botters? I honestly don't think you understand the reason why people want occult cubes as a normalized boss drop.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Probably won't happen but I'll throw in a yes vote just in case.
    edited October 2017
    occult cubes would make things simpler, instead of wasting the master and meister to rank up to epic
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I think this is an excellent idea, would help newer players, and mules, +all the other regions have bosses dropping Occult cubes and Master Craftsman/Meister Cubes.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    If I remember I will post damage range on a mule with no cubing and a mule with occult cubing for 6% in all slots.

It's a massive difference and very much needed for doing legion mules. Sadly I doubt they'll add occults to bosses. In 6 months we'll start getting lots of occults from elite boxes though with the elite boss update.
    edited January 2018
    they need to remove the 20%s and 30%s stamps from the elite rewards
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    they need to remove the 20%s and 30%s stamps from the elite rewards

The upcoming elite change severely decreases the rate of souls and stamps from elite box. This was what they did in the PTR, then when it came to live servers they also added a new prize of up to 15 occult cubes. This will probably be the new thing you get constantly.