[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

maplestory 2 confirmed?????????????????

skrubrekrskrubrekr
Reactions: 635
Member, Private Tester
edited September 4 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
alright kiddos so this user on twitter (and for those who dont wanna get spoiled about future updates dont click the first link lol) has made some posts about an english version of the game

im gonna make a guess and say that ms2 will be announced around winter? maybe???

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 2,745
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 4
    It was confirmed ages ago with the job posting
    skrubrekr
  • JubJubJubJub
    Reactions: 465
    edited September 10
    It was confirmed ages ago with the job posting

This means nothing. The job posting could have been unfulfilled, thus cancellation of the project if nobody can progress to work on it. It was still in speculation. This is much better insight on whether it's getting an English release.
    skrubrekr
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 1,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 10
    kMS2 got english patch some months ago its not full translated but yea its not bad
    i guss its just test to see reaction then make GMS full version - polish the translate more

or not sure if they just copy/paste that and host global and do on their own like GMS-KMS thing

but considering all the issues with MS we have not sure its right time for nexon to make such move
    like if they ready with enough GM/team/server resources
    skrubrekr
  • JPG0809JPG0809
    Reactions: 450
    edited September 11
    This is so exciting! If it does come to NA, I hope it's soon! :D
  • YamiNLYamiNL
    Reactions: 540
    edited September 13
    Soon.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 745
    edited September 13
    there would be no point in releasing a north american english version of maple story 2. the game would totally flop, it's play style has nothing in common with maplestory the original. i am attracted to maplestory due to it being a classic 2d side scroller that is updated to be current. if i wanted to play a 3d mmorpg it wouldn;t be maplestory 2 it would be like diablo 3 or something else entirely.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 2,745
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 14
    there would be no point in releasing a north american english version of maple story 2. the game would totally flop, it's play style has nothing in common with maplestory the original. i am attracted to maplestory due to it being a classic 2d side scroller that is updated to be current. if i wanted to play a 3d mmorpg it wouldn;t be maplestory 2 it would be like diablo 3 or something else entirely.

lol please , you don't know if it would flop or not. The control scheme of the game is pretty similar actually , you play mainly with the keyboard . Just because it's not a side scroller doesn't mean people won't play it. Just because you won't doesn't mean others won't. Diablo 3 isn't an mmorpg either...

Some games do better in different part of the world you never know until it's released in that area and has been out for a bit.
    skrubrekr