[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disconnected After ~2 Minutes in Game

ThonerThoner
Reactions: 1,375
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Tech Support
Hello all,

For about 5 days, I continue to be disconnected from game, receiving "NGS Hacking Detected (0xD1800201)" after the game abruptly closes. The message is not new, but the consistent approximate timing of said issue is new, namely ~2 minutes. It could be the new patch since that is the only recent change, but I am not certain.
Issues that affect my gaming performance that I am aware of that do effect my game play prior to this new, recent issue that is very timely in its occurrence:

1.) My current processor is 2.3Ghz, .1Ghz below the minimum requirement. ( My normal reason for lag, but never this frequent, consistent, or timely).
2.) Internet drop. ( Less of a contributor than the aforementioned processor, and not normally a timely factor when it does occur).
3.)The hardware used experienced a crash before so it could be due to just age. (Least likely but still possible.)

Now, although these are significant issues, as I learned in previous discussions from tech support, I do not believe they are, at least, solely responsible for the timely disconnection issues I have experienced in the recent days because, in the past, my disconnections were less predicable and did not occur as frequently. Could the recent patch, and the new lag related issues others have reported in possible relation to the patch be the reason why I am disconnecting at a faster, more timely rate? Are there other possible reasons I should look into? I have already tried reinstalling the game and repairing the installation. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Thoner