[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

UI element memory

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: UI

Brief bug summary: Various UI windows don't remember where I last placed them.

More details:
The v.188 notes say:
  • Many UI screens are modified so that the game remembers where you placed the UI windows and whether they are On/Off/Expanded/Minimized
The notes do not specify which windows this refers to, but I have not noticed any change from v.187 and before.
Specifically, I am bothered by the following:
  • The Reward Points Window still appears every time I log in, and still annoyingly covers the top of the hotkeys display, even if I close or move it.
  • The Maple Guide Window still appears in the same spot whenever I log in, regardless of me dismissing it every time.
  • My Quest Helper keeps minimizing even while playing, and even disappearing entirely on relog, despite the fact that I always open and expand it.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Log in.
2) Move, close, expand, or minimize the windows that appear automatically.
3) Log out.
4) Log back in. Observe that the windows are back in their default positions and state.
BaydenN

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    I can attest to this as it happens to me as well.
  • SugarSmileSugarSmile
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited September 2017

Whenever the batch of quests is finished, I would start another quest. The quest helper is minimized and I would have to expand it again. When doing daily quests, I would have to expand the quest helper numerous times. It's redundant and excessive. Before the Tune Up patch, this was never a problem. In the Tune Up patch note, it addressed this wouldn't be a problem (maybe not specifically for quest helper). Ofcourse there are ways around this issue, for example always having a quest to keep quest helper expanded but that's such a roundabout way of fixing this issue.

Please address this problem and I thank you for your continued support for the game.

-Many UI screens are modified so that the game remembers where you placed the UI windows and whether they are On/Off/Expanded/Minimized.
    YinYangX
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Same for me.
    The Quest Helper certainly does not remember its state when I log out - for my main, it completely disappears even though I always bring it back when I log in.
    And for all my characters, it keeps minimizing itself when empty, and not automatically expanding when a quest is added to it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Apparently, the upcoming v190 will have the Soul Weapon window remember its state.
    Now is a good time to check whether the other windows, that were supposed to do this since v188, have been fixed.