[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

3rd reset! How much more?

ZambookiiZambookii
Reactions: 815
edited September 2017 in Rants and Raves
Nice nexon! Can't fix your servers after 3 maintences. Shows how good of a company you are!

"Backend changes to improve server stability."

O im sure your improving it! Keep it up...

Comments

• LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited September 2017
    since when they could do anything right?
    nomicidylLilyflower
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited September 2017
    Considering the game has been around for over a decade, I'd say they are doing just fine. All of the Maint. up until now have basically been just band-aids to get them to today, which was a scheduled maint. time. Clearly no one is aware just how much code is in a game of this size O_O Sure, the issues have been annoying, but the game is totally playable. I got my Hayato from 117~200 during the last couple of days, so it wasn't a total waste.
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited September 2017
    Considering the game has been around for over a decade, I'd say they are doing just fine. All of the Maint. up until now have basically been just band-aids to get them to today, which was a scheduled maint. time. Clearly no one is aware just how much code is in a game of this size O_O Sure, the issues have been annoying, but the game is totally playable. I got my Hayato from 117~200 during the last couple of days, so it wasn't a total waste.

Playable means that you can spend upwards of 20 hours reconnecting/disconnecting, lagging, waiting for maps to load when it should really take us 1 hour.
    Playable means "you can play it".

This game has been around for over a decade. I'd say they are doing terribly. Developers are suppose to get better over time and refine their game, not let it spiral into a state of spaghetti. If need be, they create a new client/program (i.e. Riot) to adjust accordingly.

What Nexon has done however, is they have continued to increase the amount of micro-transactions needed to even stand a chance at bossing. Not only that, but each of those transactions are almost always behind a paywall that uses gambling. Can you tell me what other game is as greedy as Nexon while putting forth a game that needs maintenance that actually decrease stability? Meanwhile we're all left in the dark, told that everything is working as intended, blah blah blah. If we were to compare them to any other moderate-large brand gaming company, they'd sit at the very bottom in terms of greed & competency. If you want to be greedy, you want to be competent. Nexon is both greedy and incompetent.
    ManiOh
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited September 2017

Playable means that you can spend upwards of 20 hours reconnecting/disconnecting, lagging, waiting for maps to load when it should really take us 1 hour.
    Playable means "you can play it".

This game has been around for over a decade. I'd say they are doing terribly. Developers are suppose to get better over time and refine their game, not let it spiral into a state of spaghetti. If need be, they create a new client/program (i.e. Riot) to adjust accordingly.

What Nexon has done however, is they have continued to increase the amount of micro-transactions needed to even stand a chance at bossing. Not only that, but each of those transactions are almost always behind a paywall that uses gambling. Can you tell me what other game is as greedy as Nexon while putting forth a game that needs maintenance that actually decrease stability? Meanwhile we're all left in the dark, told that everything is working as intended, blah blah blah. If we were to compare them to any other moderate-large brand gaming company, they'd sit at the very bottom in terms of greed & competency. If you want to be greedy, you want to be competent. Nexon is both greedy and incompetent.

Can you switch names with toxicdudefromrene pls btw no offence toxicdudefromrene