[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

This might be the cause of crashing/black screen

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Blinking screen after character change

Brief bug summary:
When we click on the change character, it will blink, bring us to server selections screen then blink again and aumatically bring us to character selection screen

More details:
When you are playing a char, and you want to change char to another class, you have to click on the icon on the bottom of the screen and click " change character". After that, on my screen, it will blink few times, then it will bring me to server selection screen and blinking few times again. And after that, before i can click anything, it will automatically bring me to character selection screen. there is 50% chance that it will not bring me to character selection, instead it will become black screen and then crash.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Play any char/class
2. click "change character"
3. wait for awhile. it will either get me to black screen or blinking few times, then bring me to server selection screen then blinking again few times and automatically bring me to character selection screen even without me clicking anything,

Character name:

Redavengerz / RedNightW
Character level:
223 / 216
Character job:
Demon Avenger / NIghtWalker
World name:
Reboot
Date and time of the incident:
Since the last update until now

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    That's not a cause of anything.
    What they did was implement a system that automatically reconnects you to your last server and channel, when you do "Change Character", saving you the clicking but still flashing the screens that would have appeared back when it was "Quit Game" and took you back to World Select. I don't know why they had to do it that way instead of just keeping the previous connection, probably too much spaghetti to sort through.

What is bugged right now is establishing a connection to a new channel server. We get the same black screen and disconnects when going into Cash Shop or cc'ing in-game. Switching characters is just one case of this.
This discussion has been closed.