[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Switching Between Worlds

BluebHairyBluebHairy
Reactions: 400
edited September 2017 in General Chat
Hey Everyone. I just want to know, if I have been playing on Luna for a long time, and I switch to a different world, Windia for example, will I lose all my characters on Luna? Or does all my characters etc move to Windia?

I played for years, and then stopped for a few years, and couldn't remember which world I played on. I chose Luna randomly and there was no characters there. Is it also possible that on some other world my original characters does still exist?

Another reason I ask this is because I'm experiencing an issue with my one character. I have only found one other mention of this issue to the same class in a blog from 2 years ago. So if I wont lose all my characters I'm playing now on Luna, I want to try a different world, maybe its isolated to certain worlds/conditions.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    if you played in GMS then yes your characters still exist on the NA servers

if you played in EMS (european maplestory) before the merge and didnt get back to do your account transfer, then no, your characters are gone.

if you are asking about , if you can move characters to any world you want, no you can not. the only exception is during certain times where a world transfer event/world leap event happens, and even then, you can only transfer to certain worlds (Luna and Reboot are excluded) and only can transfer a certain number of characters, also those events don't happen often.
  • BluebHairyBluebHairy
    edited September 2017
    Lol I lost all my knowledge of the severs, what is GMS and what is EMS?

Thanks for the info!

Oky so I can play on different servers now? I can go create a few characters on Windia, while my characters on Luna are still there, and chose whether I want to play with my Windia or Luna characters?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    BluebHairy wrote: »
    Lol I lost all my knowledge of the severs, what is GMS and what is EMS?

Thanks for the info!

Oky so I can play on different servers now? I can go create a few characters on Windia, while my characters on Luna are still there, and chose whether I want to play with my Windia or Luna characters?

GMS is Global maplestory, EMS (Eu Maplestoy) is now part of GMS since last year.

but what people consider GMS are all the NA (North american) servers, you can find your old characters there if you played GMS long ago.

EMS which use to have it's own service is now part of GMS, and the players of that Eu seervice are now in the world Luna in the European side.

your characters will stay on whatever server you make them on, they will not disappear or get deleted unless you delete them.
  • BluebHairyBluebHairy
    edited September 2017
    Thats great news thank you! And thanks for explaining.