[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[SOLVED] unable to log into maplestory at all now

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited September 2017 in Tech Support
whatever you did in the recent unscheduled maintenance broke my launcher and I don't know how to fix it so any help from anyone would be fantastic (even public)

Issue: I click 'update' on the launcher, launcher verifies then fails. I try repairing, repairing verifies then fails.... literally says "failed" where it normally says 'play'

I uninstalled and reinstalled and launcher says 'download' then 'failed'. on a rare occasion i get a popup which says "product can not be installed"

My internet connection is really good today, able to run all other games perfectly.

Something is up with launcher.

EDIT: So what I had to do was find a free file unlocker to download (i used LockHunter) because there was several nexon files that were embedded into my system folder, I'm not tech enough to understand the whys but from what I'm reading, files in your system folder are extra protected by your software because when you alter or delete these files it can destroy the way the computer operates so permissions, even admin permissions are revoked, and for whatever reason nexon has files which get downloaded into this folder and thus the computer protects it from you deleting it. ANYWAY I needed to clean sweep to re-downloaded everything (again) so I used LockHunter to delete these files when I restarted the computer, they were removed and now my launcher downloads without a fail error. 10GB and counting. unfortunately if you're getting the failed message I haven't been able to find a way to fix the small patch, the only thing that worked for me was a clean sweep (just uninstalling maplestory/launcher doesn't remove these extra files in your system folder, you need to unlock them to remove them too) and a fresh download.