[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Mapler Held Contest] During 'Journey... Pensalir'

ThonerThoner
Reactions: 1,375
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
HELLO ALL! :D

Awesome news. Not the next episode to be posted, but the next Episode I am about to make will be a successful leveling from Lvl 205 to Lvl 206 (remember, I have a back log of several videos). Also, that episode will be the first time I am able to use a mic (no more typing). So, we are almost at 1 level down, 44 to go. I like those odds.

However, now I need some help from you guys. I want to know what you think of what you have seen so far. You, as my main audience, are who I want to have excited by another 2:30 PM Pacific Time on every Saturday (when my videos should be up). If not for you, the maple community, I would never have considered even making the 'Journey from Lvl 205 to Lvl 250 in Pensalir' series. In fact, before Lvl 205 ( and I was still doing this mostly btw) I did not even know anyone would find what I was doing as impressive, interesting, or even difficult. I was just playing Maple Story the only way I know how, for the fun of it. Now I am doing this series because I think if a good number of Maplers (according to my first post, 600+) were willing to even view my comment, you must have had interest in the idea.

But, as I began to make the videos, I do not even get 1/5 of the 600. So, with this in mind, I want to know what you all were expecting ( I do not feel I met your expectations). That is why, even more than subscribers, I greatly value the Maplers, like @DarkPassenger, @YinYangX, @AlexF, and @bumbertyr who give me feedback on what I am doing. I also want to thank flippedoutcookie, iMax, and Lisa for leaving comments in the videos. Thanks to their comments, I have a better idea of what you all expect from me ( or at least want from me ). I take all of the comments very seriously and I do my best to meet your expectations. With that, here is the plan for the video I plan to make tomorrow and what my current status is:

Current Status:
1.) Got better boss drops so some of them will be used.
2.) Potential on Pensalir hat has been raised (rare -> epic) and +1 star to Pensalir hat, Pensalir shoes, Noble Ifia's ring, and Dea Sidus earrings as of yesterday
3.) Said boss drop will be enhanced since first obtained.
4.) Progress from Lvl 205 to Lvl 206: 92.5%.

The Plan for the end level Boss run:

Normal Zakum -> Easy Magnus -> Normal Hilla (x2?) -> RA (Root Abyss) -> Mori Ranmaru -> Normal Horntail -> Normal Von Leon -> Easy Arkarium -> (lowest level Gollux?) -> Pink Bean -> ( If I have not leveled up by then, choose 1 of the following as an end level solo: Normal Magnus, Chaos Horntail, Easy Cygness ).

I currently have ~7.5% more level progress before I am level 206.

I attached a poll for you all to vote and I will check before 2:00pm tomorrow and then, I will boss for... about 2 hours?

Like if you are looking forward to, or at least interested in seeing this come to fruition. Mark Insightful if you are wondering why I am still doing this ( I can make a video about that later).

Do not worry about the length of the video, I will make You Tube adjustments so that the video goes from normal pacing to x4 speed if it is that long of a video. If I get at least 100 likes on this post, ( or 20 more subscribers ) or some comparable exchange ( 12 subscribers and 40 likes on this post or 4 subscribers and 80 likes on this post). Also, if 5 members of Nexon ( including Nexon Administrators like Arwoo) like this post, then I will have a mini game during the live stream where one lucky mapler will win 3 master craftsmans cubes (I will do loads of mining for them in a video so you can track my progress). Also, you will know what the mini game is after I announce it at the start of the live stream.

Well, here is the poll. I look forward to seeing your posts tomorrow at about 2:00pm. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  1. Which End Level boss fight do you want? *Note: I died from all 3 at least once in a video as lvl 2053 votes
    1. Normal Magnus
       33% (1 vote)
    2. Easy Cygness
       33% (1 vote)
    3. Chaos Horntail
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Haven't watched any episode after first CHorntail, will try to watch them sometime and comment.
    Of the three bosses you listed, I'd probably vote for CHorntail, mainly because mechanic/difficulty wise, it seems the easiest for me. Personally think E Cygnus and N Mag are highly luck based/high mechanics dependent.
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I may need to start closer to 3:00pm today due to travel from one state to another and an unexpected delay made my initial plan less certain.
    With any luck, I can still play Dice Master and do an attendance run right after the boss fight (before it is too late) since quest reset is at 5:00pm for me...
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Well, from what I can gather on the road, there will be no live stream due to apparent low interest.
    However, from the results of the poll, only one vote ( not by me) was cast so, if I have not leveled up after Pink Bean, Chaos Horntail will be my final fight as lvl 205.
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Now that I have finally returned home, my wifi is extremely weak. So, doing the performance really late, really bad internet connection, and not enough subscribers, likes, etc. for a live stream. With that, there will be no live stream this time. However, if enough Maplers like the video once it is posted, or if we can get 50 subscribers, then I will live stream every time I am within 7.5% of leveling up. Thank you all for participating.

As for the boss to be the end level boss (if not Pink Bean and if I do not die) the winner is Chaos Horntail since only one guy voted who was not me. Thank you for polling. You may get to see another Chaos HT battle.