[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Game Launcher won't load up and the Steam

Michaelxv212Michaelxv212
Reactions: 1,470
edited September 2017 in Tech Support
So the Steam launcher doesn't work it just keeps going into the "nexon steam game launcher not responding" and the nexon game launcher itself (not steam) won't load up. This is the first time I've attempted to log on in like a week soooo what's going on?

Edit: The nexon game launcher worked when it was updating to the new update however it immediately crashed after that

Comments

• KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited September 2017
    there was a windows update overnight and this morning for me the same thing is happening both via steam and without, the launcher won't launch. Once I re-downloaded it just the other day due to the new patch failing it was working perfect, until the windows update that is, I've tried fixing it on the windows side but there looks to be a incompatibility issue, well from my end.

Unsure if OP also had a system update recently?

EDIT: I had to uninstall the windows 10 update (it was a security update) and now I'm able to log into the game via a backup I made the other day. The main launcher in the main folder however still won't launch but at least I'm able to get in via revoking the latest update and opening the backup launcher.
  • Michaelxv212Michaelxv212
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited September 2017
    I'm using windows 7 and it still is not letting me start thru steam