[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Error after maintenance

Dante2102Dante2102
Reactions: 210
edited September 2017 in Tech Support
Hey guys its just me or someone else has this problem?
After i press play from the nexon launcher windows ask me for permission to run MS (normally to this point) but when it comes to start the game this dialog appears to me
21766809_10214128139735004_478708667433126882_n.jpg?oh=77feb79c8a6217a789fa1b3dafee78bd&oe=5A478025
So theres no option just the ok button
Some1 else had this?
Help plox
XplatinumXpixeyX

Comments

• CasoXyZCasoXyZ
    Reactions: 100
    edited September 2017
    Same problem for me did u find a solution?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    You can fix this error by tweaking your registry.

Open the Regedit program on your computer (search for it in your start menu).
    Locate "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" using the bar at the top
    Find the registry entry that contains your Maplestory filepath (C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata)
    Right click>"Modify">Delete the value
    Zonk
  • XplatinumXpixeyXXplatinumXpixeyX
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2017
    I've been having this same exact issue. I even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and I'm still having the same issue.
    Neospector wrote: »

Locate "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" using the bar at the top
    Find the registry entry that contains your Maplestory filepath (C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata)

I tried to find what you're talking about but I'm super confused by your directions. I haven't played Maplestory in about 10 years so I'm coming back to a whole new operating system it's played on.
  • Dante2102Dante2102
    Reactions: 210
    edited September 2017

Fixed! thanks!
  • LoveandBaconLoveandBacon
    Reactions: 100
    edited September 2017
    I've been having this same exact issue. I even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and I'm still having the same issue.

I tried to find what you're talking about but I'm super confused by your directions. I haven't played Maplestory in about 10 years so I'm coming back to a whole new operating system it's played on.

1. Open the Command Prompt program (you can search for it in your start menu bar)
    2. In Command Prompt, type "regedit" without the quotes and press enter on your keyboard
    3. Copy and paste "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" without the quotes into the white bar at the top and press enter on your keyboard
    4. Right click the option with "Library" in it and select "Modify"
    5. There should be a data line under "Values" that ends in .dll. Backspace the entire thing and apply your changes
    6. You should now be able to start Maple from launcher again