[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't even open maplestory after game crashed me!

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited September 2017 in Bug Reporting
my computer has no problems running maplestory top end computer. I logged in today entered my pic successfully there was a long delay and i accidentally reopened a 2nd pic window just b4 the game logged my character in. well this 2nd pic window followed me into the game was hovering over my in game characters head, i left click cancelled the pic window to close it. caused maplestory to crash. now i have been unable to even load maplestory back up with the nexon launcher i get a blank error with an ok button.

I have done everything conceivable in my power to fix it uninstall/reinstall launcher and game. release/renew ip address, reset computer, reset router. i deleted all my registry keys that were labled with nexon in my registry software both for hk users and current users it seems like the problem is from nexon server side. how do i get help for this

i am last ditch effort trying to log in from wife's lap top not sure how it will go

so any help or ideas?

lol plays perfectly on wife's lap top ok looks like i am formatting my comp, how does it go from running to a weird circumstance bug/crash and then being completely unplayable? sooo bizarre

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    You can fix this error by tweaking your registry.

Open the Regedit program on your computer (search for it in your start menu).
    Locate "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" using the bar at the top
    Find the registry entry that contains your Maplestory filepath (C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata)
    Right click>"Modify">Delete the value