[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mr. Lee's Airlines Lookout Parrot

ArtifexArtifex
Reactions: 1,050
edited September 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: NPC Missing

Brief bug summary: After defeating the Lookout Parrot in one of the hatches, the NPC is nowhere to be found, so I cannot obtain the quest to continue the Feline Pirate Ship quest.

More details: The Lookout Parrot NPC *did* appear the very first time I found & defeated it. After I completed its quest, however, subsequent days after defeating it, it did not appear. The Helmsman Gorilla and Navigator Otter DO appear after defeating them, so it seems to only affect the Lookout Parrot. (Note that I did NOT ever finish the quest for the Feline Pirate Ship, since I was disconnected by a "Police GMMaplestory" glitch before I could find the Feline Pirate Ship after acquiring the Lookout Parrot. The Parrot has since expired, so I'm trying to complete its quest again for another shot at the ship...

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Find the Lookout Parrot in a hatch.
2. Defeat it.
3. The NPC will not spawn.

NOTE: I'm not sure if it's related, but the parrot stopped spawning AFTER I completed its quest the first time. Ever since, while the monster DOES spawn, the NPC does NOT spawn after I defeat the monster. So it may be necessary to complete its quest once and trying it again to trigger the bug.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Artuficis

Character level: 213

Character job: Archmage Ice & Lightning

World name: Broa

Date and time of the incident: 9/23/2017 (ongoing, happened for x3 days now whenever defeating the monster, the NPC doesn't spawn. I searched the whole map for 10 minutes each time!)

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

Can you not forfeit the quest and attempt again?

The quest expires and is renewed every day anyway.