[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game constantly stutters

VerythVeryth
Reactions: 100
edited September 2017 in Tech Support
First- it isn't my computer not being able to run maplestory. I've never had an issue with in the past, and I play much higher demand games than it.
However upon returning to the game I've found it to be entirely unplayable. It stutters nonstop no matter what I'm doing. And it's consistent too, it holds to about every 5 seconds or so it'll stutter, then pick back up normally after 1-2 seconds. I've tried everything. It's not a connection issue, I've gotten that much out of the way.
I've done a clean install, I've changed it from my hard drive to SSD, I've added it as an exception to my firewall, I've even tried that old chat lobby firewall exception fix from ages ago. No matter what I have this obnoxious stutter that's just consistently there every 5 seconds give or take. I contacted a GM yesterday, to which he specifically pointed me to this forum to talk about my issue so here I am.
If anyone has a fix for this, pleaseeee tell me.

Comments

• NeutralSpeakerNeutralSpeaker
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2017
    bump, I have the same issue.
  • ZythanaZythana
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2017
    The problem isn't your PC or Connection at all. I have the exact same problem for a while now. i can solve the stutter by removing my USB Headset ( Logitech G633 ). however that means i can not talk with my friend while playing. There goes playing with friends.... anyway there are more people having this problem and its a bit weird Nexon didn't fix this yet. SAnyway here is another topic with possible reasons why you are lagging:

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/6gi6tp/psa_experiencing_random_interruptive_freezes/