[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Guild Search Glitched

DetrivanceDetrivance
Reactions: 2,405
Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
edited October 2017 in Bug Reporting
My guild has been glitched for two years now when people need to search it to apply. For some reason when someone tries to search the guild by guild name it pulls up a random level 1 guild with #0121939.. as the leader however, if someone searches by the guild master's name it shows up with the correct guild. This is very frustrating for when we are trying to add new people into the guild because we always have to tell them to search the guild master or have them find a member to click on so that they can click guild from a character info screen.

Our other major concern is alliance with other guilds because we don't want to risk trying to reform our alliance or even join an alliance and the glitched guild is the one that actually ends up joining. We had this problem with another guild in Bera, Love, where we sent them an invite to join our alliance and for some reason the guild that joined was a random glitched guild with a # IGN as lead. This took two weeks to resolve since we could not kick the guild unless that guild master was logged in, finally my guild master just kept spam clicking kick until the it was kicked from the alliance.

We have also made several ticket reports and live chat requests to try and get the issue solved to no avail. Tickets are: 158190, 159061

--- Example Photos ---

caTZooj.png
0YzeyEe.png
6UnXUpx.png
o3gnkYd.png

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Guild names are not supposed to be case sensitive. So one of these two guilds should not have been able to be created. But that's an old bug and probably not possible to easily reproduce.

I think the solution should be for the level 1 guild to be renamed or removed by Support.