[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

beast Tamers should keep animal mode after death

KingofFurriesKingofFurries
Reactions: 1,605
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Basically the tittle. Whenever you die on a beast tamer, you loose whatever animal mode you're in. Not a problem when you're training, But when you're bossing (like in Hmag for example) it's super frustrating because unlike most classes who can get back to attacking, Beast tamers have to switch into the correct animal mode first to start attacking which adds delay. I've died from that multiple times in Hmag parties. it's even more frustrating because each animal mode has different HP amounts, so after death, i switch to bear mode and go back to 50% HP! I think it would be super helpfull if beast tamers could keep the correct animal mode after death, not even buff freezers keep the animal mode.
pandabunnies

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    This seems like a reasonable request.

In addition, because it sounds like the problem is really the different HP amounts, perhaps when you change forms your % HP should be maintained instead of your flat HP.

IE. if you were at 100% hp in cat and switch to bear you should still be at 100% hp in bear even though your pool is higher.

Also I would suggest using the resistance link for now. Hopefully they help with this. :)
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    The only thing about this is I can't help but compare it to users of hyper body, who have to deal with essentially the same thing.

Casting hyper body = Switching back into animal mode

and both leave the user without maxed hp. I would agree however, with a change to remove the cast delay of switching animals.
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited October 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    This seems like a reasonable request.

In addition, because it sounds like the problem is really the different HP amounts, perhaps when you change forms your % HP should be maintained instead of your flat HP.

IE. if you were at 100% hp in cat and switch to bear you should still be at 100% hp in bear even though your pool is higher.

Also I would suggest using the resistance link for now. Hopefully they help with this. :)

Never though about that thanks! this might actually help fairly well.
    Snip

Well, the big problem isn't necessarily the hp, sorry if it came across like that. The big problem is after i die, i have to switch to an animal mode to start attacking which can be hard sometimes to do quickly. So, in something like magnus, i have to spend 2 seconds switching to bear mode, where in that 2 seconds meteors are falling and the green gas appears - so half the time i die before i can even keep attacking him, same thing with other bosses aswell.