[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

[Announcement] Regarding Kanna's Haku's Blessing

Comments

  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,070
    Posts: 2,579
    Member
    edited November 2017
    RoflMayo wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    RoflMayo wrote: »
    Hey Nexon, can you hurry up and properly pester KMS about Kanna so our mains can be playable again? Or at the very least, appropriately change our % dmg on our skills so that this "Haku change" can be kept.

    KMS had nothing to do with it this time. GMS copied TMS (Taiwan MapleStory) and their unneeded nerf. =_=
    They killed Kanna and then GMS joined the bandwagon.

    Umm yes KMS staff are the ones who decide what goes through or not. It was someone from KMS who put the stamp on these changes.

    Why would KMS have anything to say about a Non KMS class, yeah KMS licenses the game and it's content to other regions but Kanna is a non KMS class.
  • RoflMayoRoflMayo
    Reactions: 470
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited November 2017
    RoflMayo wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    RoflMayo wrote: »
    Hey Nexon, can you hurry up and properly pester KMS about Kanna so our mains can be playable again? Or at the very least, appropriately change our % dmg on our skills so that this "Haku change" can be kept.

    KMS had nothing to do with it this time. GMS copied TMS (Taiwan MapleStory) and their unneeded nerf. =_=
    They killed Kanna and then GMS joined the bandwagon.

    Umm yes KMS staff are the ones who decide what goes through or not. It was someone from KMS who put the stamp on these changes.

    Why would KMS have anything to say about a Non KMS class, yeah KMS licenses the game and it's content to other regions but Kanna is a non KMS class.

    It doesn't matter whether KMS has the class or not, all changes/development regarding any version of MS ,as of recent, goes through Korean staff. Maybe I was misleading in saying KMS, but I'm commenting on the Korean staff who oversee the other versions. Their logic for other regions is based off of KMS, because if they were aware of Kanna's mechanics and stats more appropriately, such a nerf would not be a thing. Examples like Jett and Beast Tamer see no change because KMS do not have them and as such, the overseer of GMS has no mind to touch them until Nexon America itself gives the push for consideration.IMO a noisy minority brought up the numbers and KMS saw ONLY the numbers of Haku and not how it affects Kanna as a whole.
  • VenrousVenrous
    Reactions: 605
    Posts: 13
    Member
    edited November 2017
    There will be a community meeting with Nexon Staff tomorrow. Maybe we will find out new facts about kanna changes because she is in a state of joke right now.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 2,755
    Posts: 296
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Venrous wrote: »
    There will be a community meeting with Nexon Staff tomorrow. Maybe we will find out new facts about kanna changes because she is in a state of joke right now.

    I hope so. It hurts to see Kanna in such a state.
    It would hurt anybody if their favorite class got nerfed until it was useless.
    Venrous
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 2,755
    Posts: 296
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Just because you don't notice a difference doesn't mean it isn't there. Look online and you'll see plenty of evidence that it happened. What are you, one of those conspiracy theorists that deny everything?
    As for the money insult, I have not spend a dollar on this game yet for making any character stronger and I'm sure others are like me too.
    Don't assume all of us spend thousands on a character because you are wrong. -_-
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,240
    Posts: 157
    Member
    edited November 2017
    I have an unfunded lv200 Kanna and my damage is noticeably lower than it was before. I used to be able to hit up to 2m with critical hits, since the nerf, the highest number I've seen was 1.2m. Not to mention my range having dropped from ~300k to ~170k.
    If the nerf is already this obvious on an unfunded Kanna you can imagine how big the impact is for someone who has a funded Kanna main.
    And yeah, ImASpawnSlave, I'm sure everyone here is just making stuff up for no reason at all. You've caught us! Good job!
    Sherri
  • RoflMayoRoflMayo
    Reactions: 470
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited November 2017
    I literally don't see any difference before and after whatever changed for Haku's Blessing. I'm pretty much doing the same damage as always.
    I think everyone in this thread is lying about something. Or, it's probably because I'm unfunded and never gave nexon any of my money yet.
    Yes, that's probably it. Everyone in this thread spent thousands of dollars on this one character, and now they're crying about how much they wasted on it.
    Good job, nexon.

    I'm actually free-to-play soo... your statement is very invalid.
    Sherri
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,325
    Posts: 45
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I literally don't see any difference before and after whatever changed for Haku's Blessing. I'm pretty much doing the same damage as always.
    I think everyone in this thread is lying about something. Or, it's probably because I'm unfunded and never gave nexon any of my money yet.
    Yes, that's probably it. Everyone in this thread spent thousands of dollars on this one character, and now they're crying about how much they wasted on it.
    Good job, nexon.

    Looks like DeeMon made yet another new account to troll again LOL. You really have nothing better to do huh?
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 2,755
    Posts: 296
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Rennn wrote: »
    I literally don't see any difference before and after whatever changed for Haku's Blessing. I'm pretty much doing the same damage as always.
    I think everyone in this thread is lying about something. Or, it's probably because I'm unfunded and never gave nexon any of my money yet.
    Yes, that's probably it. Everyone in this thread spent thousands of dollars on this one character, and now they're crying about how much they wasted on it.
    Good job, nexon.

    Looks like DeeMon made yet another new account to troll again LOL. You really have nothing better to do huh?

    Hm.. well, for once I am glad because it's keeping this thread alive so hopefully Nexon actually reads this and fixes their mistakes for Kanna.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 2,755
    Posts: 296
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Kanna is not competitive, she can barely fend for herself after this nerf.
    All you linked me was to a thread about some butthurt people complaining about not getting any of Kanna's buffs, an outdated poll and a list that I can care less about.
    I care about my Kanna and I will not let her be the weakest class, because I like to play as her.
    Many people share the same opinion and will not put up with this crap, especially since Nexon probably isn't listening to us now.
    Kanna should not be made into the weakest character just to please other classes.

    For a millionth time, countless Kanna mains have reported having halved damage range and output and we will not move to another character because we love Kanna and will not let her die off.
    VenrousArgentRennn
  • RoflMayoRoflMayo
    Reactions: 470
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Rennn wrote: »
    I literally don't see any difference before and after whatever changed for Haku's Blessing. I'm pretty much doing the same damage as always.
    I think everyone in this thread is lying about something. Or, it's probably because I'm unfunded and never gave nexon any of my money yet.
    Yes, that's probably it. Everyone in this thread spent thousands of dollars on this one character, and now they're crying about how much they wasted on it.
    Good job, nexon.

    Looks like DeeMon made yet another new account to troll again LOL. You really have nothing better to do huh?

    Hm.. well, for once I am glad because it's keeping this thread alive so hopefully Nexon actually reads this and fixes their mistakes for Kanna.

    You two did not read the other two threads that Arwoo posted.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/14194/hakus-blessing-is-unresonable
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/4528/kanna-and-party-buffs

    They changed Haku's Blessing because it made other mages powerful. Now everything is balanced and Kanna is now competitive. You can't have both high damage and a free Frenzy Totem-like skill, nexon would lose a lot of money.

    If you still care about damage, choose from the top 5: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/7cchiy/kms_ver_12258_latest_dpm_chart_november_9th_2017/

    Then you can buy a Frenzy Totem on that character.

    I'm very curious as to how "everything is balanced and Kanna is now competitive". I agree that as a party buff, Haku's Blessing was ridiculous, however Kanna's % multiplier in her skills were scaled accordingly because of Haku's Blessing. This nerf in Haku's Blessing should have been coupled with buffs in Kanna's % multipliers or simply her final damage. Things are not balanced because mages still have one of (if not the) strongest buff in the game compared to other skills. Tune-up made Kannas more competitive and even then, we were still a tad behind compared to other mages so this Haku's Blessing nerf detracts from Tune-up's goals since we're worse off than pre Tune-up.
    VenrousArgentSherriRennn
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,240
    Posts: 157
    Member
    edited November 2017

    They changed Haku's Blessing because it made other mages powerful.

    And the only way to fix that is obviously by completely destroying Kanna's own range.
    The idea of just taking away the party-buff aspect of Haku's Blessing and turning it into a self-buff is just absurd.

    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 2,755
    Posts: 296
    Member
    edited November 2017
    RailBird wrote: »

    They changed Haku's Blessing because it made other mages powerful.

    And the only way to fix that is obviously by completely destroying Kanna's own range.
    The idea of just taking away the party-buff aspect of Haku's Blessing and turning it into a self-buff is just absurd.

    Exactly, and what ticks me off the most is that they expect us to just forget this happened.
    Well, news flash; that ain't happening. I'll gladly complain as much as I can for it to get addressed by Nexon.
    I was hoping fellow Kanna mains would join me.. :(
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,325
    Posts: 45
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    RailBird wrote: »

    They changed Haku's Blessing because it made other mages powerful.

    And the only way to fix that is obviously by completely destroying Kanna's own range.
    The idea of just taking away the party-buff aspect of Haku's Blessing and turning it into a self-buff is just absurd.

    Exactly, and what ticks me off the most is that they expect us to just forget this happened.
    Well, news flash; that ain't happening. I'll gladly complain as much as I can for it to get addressed by Nexon.
    I was hoping fellow Kanna mains would join me.. :(

    Don't worry, you're not alone.

    I thought new forum accounts needed verification before posting though... But I guess that doesn't prevent our dear DeeMon here from continuously making new accounts with rather, 'interesting' names to troll. Well, at least they did us all a favour of bumping this up to the top!

    Let's just compare bishop's and kanna's skill% since the devs think kannas are a Japanese bishop for some reason (even though their playstyle is worlds apart).

    Bishop's bossing
    Angel Ray without Righteously Indignant: 295% x 5 = 1475%
    Angel Ray with Righteously Indignant: 295% x (5+5) = 2950%

    Kanna's bossing
    Vanquisher's Charm with all relevant passive hyper skills: (242+20)% x (3+2) = 1310% + not affected by attack speed bonuses due to it being a hurricane skill

    The skill% of Vanquisher's Charm is just sad compared to bishop's, even without them having RI active. Also, bishop's Angel Ray without RI hits 6 targets vs Vanquisher's Charm 3 with all relevant hyper passives.

    Bishop's mobbing
    Big Bang: 480% x 4 = 1920%
    Genesis: 810% x 6 = 4860% with 45s cooldown

    Kanna's mobbing
    Demon Fury: 200% x 8 = 1600% with 3s cooldown
    Orochi: 700% x 5 = 3500% with 20s cooldown

    Based on the cooldown:damage% ratio, Orochi would win against Genesis but even so, Kanna's main mobbing skill has a 3s cooldown compared to Bishop's AND have a lower skill%. Sure, Kannas have other spammable mobbing skills but (1) they have a much lower skill% compared to Demon's Fury and (2) unlike Bishops, Kannas are constraint by limited mana. The only saving grace for them would be spirit's domain, sengoku summon and yuki-musume but (1) spirit's domain does not crit and (2) lets not forget that Bishops have access to better mobbing via job change (sure, job change comes with the cost of mesos and nodes but it's already far less punishing compared to other explorer branches where you have to prepare a new weapon and secondary).

    Also, these comparisons do not take into account the fact that Bishops have access to Infinity and I think all explorer mages can agree with me how powerful that buff is. Are we gonna call for a nerf to that buff just because it gives a fat FD% boost? Obviously not as explorer mages depend on infinity just as Kannas depend on Haku's blessing. The correct solution here is to revert Haku's blessing back to being a MATT% buff while changing it to be a self-buff but obviously the devs gave no thought on balancing Kanna whatsoever because if they did, we wouldn't be stuck with a sorry excuse of a blessed ensemble copy (yeah, a bishop skill yay!) when our party buffs that trigger it lasts 60s at max and aren't controllable.
    ArgentSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 2,755
    Posts: 296
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Rennn wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    RailBird wrote: »

    They changed Haku's Blessing because it made other mages powerful.

    And the only way to fix that is obviously by completely destroying Kanna's own range.
    The idea of just taking away the party-buff aspect of Haku's Blessing and turning it into a self-buff is just absurd.

    Exactly, and what ticks me off the most is that they expect us to just forget this happened.
    Well, news flash; that ain't happening. I'll gladly complain as much as I can for it to get addressed by Nexon.
    I was hoping fellow Kanna mains would join me.. :(

    Don't worry, you're not alone.

    I thought new forum accounts needed verification before posting though... But I guess that doesn't prevent our dear DeeMon here from continuously making new accounts with rather, 'interesting' names to troll. Well, at least they did us all a favour of bumping this up to the top!

    Let's just compare bishop's and kanna's skill% since the devs think kannas are a Japanese bishop for some reason (even though their playstyle is worlds apart).

    Bishop's bossing
    Angel Ray without Righteously Indignant: 295% x 5 = 1475%
    Angel Ray with Righteously Indignant: 295% x (5+5) = 2950%

    Kanna's bossing
    Vanquisher's Charm with all relevant passive hyper skills: (242+20)% x (3+2) = 1310% + not affected by attack speed bonuses due to it being a hurricane skill

    The skill% of Vanquisher's Charm is just sad compared to bishop's, even without them having RI active. Also, bishop's Angel Ray without RI hits 6 targets vs Vanquisher's Charm 3 with all relevant hyper passives.

    Bishop's mobbing
    Big Bang: 480% x 4 = 1920%
    Genesis: 810% x 6 = 4860% with 45s cooldown

    Kanna's mobbing
    Demon Fury: 200% x 8 = 1600% with 3s cooldown
    Orochi: 700% x 5 = 3500% with 20s cooldown

    Based on the cooldown:damage% ratio, Orochi would win against Genesis but even so, Kanna's main mobbing skill has a 3s cooldown compared to Bishop's AND have a lower skill%. Sure, Kannas have other spammable mobbing skills but (1) they have a much lower skill% compared to Demon's Fury and (2) unlike Bishops, Kannas are constraint by limited mana. The only saving grace for them would be spirit's domain, sengoku summon and yuki-musume but (1) spirit's domain does not crit and (2) lets not forget that Bishops have access to better mobbing via job change (sure, job change comes with the cost of mesos and nodes but it's already far less punishing compared to other explorer branches where you have to prepare a new weapon and secondary).

    Also, these comparisons do not take into account the fact that Bishops have access to Infinity and I think all explorer mages can agree with me how powerful that buff is. Are we gonna call for a nerf to that buff just because it gives a fat FD% boost? Obviously not as explorer mages depend on infinity just as Kannas depend on Haku's blessing. The correct solution here is to revert Haku's blessing back to being a MATT% buff while changing it to be a self-buff but obviously the devs gave no thought on balancing Kanna whatsoever because if they did, we wouldn't be stuck with a sorry excuse of a blessed ensemble copy (yeah, a bishop skill yay!) when our party buffs that trigger it lasts 60s at max and aren't controllable.

    Though I can't provide math and all that for skills, I can genuinely see the difference of damage of my characters VS my Kanna. Most of my characters have Frozen gear so there isn't very much change between their equips.

    Honestly, if the devs did care, they would actually listen to the community and make it a Kanna only buff. Seriously! It doesn't take long to read and actually think 'Oh this is a good idea that will benefit Kanna and calm every other butthurt class.

    Also yeah, I'm sad that Nexon screwed over Hayato too but I personally never played one before.
  • RoflMayoRoflMayo
    Reactions: 470
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited November 2017
    I "ctrl+f" the v.190 patch notes and I cry when I type "Kanna" T-T
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 2,755
    Posts: 296
    Member
    edited November 2017
    RoflMayo wrote: »
    I "ctrl+f" the v.190 patch notes and I cry when I type "Kanna" T-T

    I'm honestly not surprised at the slightest. Maybe the patch AFTER v190 will actually help us Kanna out..?
  • VenrousVenrous
    Reactions: 605
    Posts: 13
    Member
    edited November 2017
    So the closest date they could fix us is march or may :(
    Sherri
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,006
    Posts: 336
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    No changes for Kanna in the Nova Patch. Let's hope a future patch will revamp them properly.
    Sherri
  • OwIieOwIie
    Reactions: 931
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited November 2017
    I was sad to not find anything about Kanna within the notes, but I didn't expect any changes since this is a major KMS patch.
    However, I'd be interested in a statement that gives us some clarity on the current status of Kanna.
    Are they still "gathering info for a possible revision"?

    This just continues to be sad...
    I never compared anything really, but that comparison to Bishop is just TT

    #stillhopefull
    Sherri