[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Name Change

lrresistiblylrresistibly
Reactions: 420
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello! If this has already been suggested, then please disregard this.

Could you implement a feature where you can swap your IGN within your own account?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017
    You can purchase a name change coupon from the cash shop for 15,000 NX. It is currently located under Special Promotions>New Arrivals on the last page.
    Some events also give out these coupons in the coin shops.

Once you have the coupon, double click it, then go to the Event Hall (Any major town>Dimensional Mirror>Event Hall) and speak with NPC Mr. Newname. Mr. Newname will inform you of the restrictions (namely: you can only change the name of a particular character once a week, and that once you change your name, your old name will become available), and then prompt you to enter your PIC and change your name. If the name isn't already taken, you will be logged out and the name change will occur instantaneously.
  • lrresistiblylrresistibly
    Reactions: 420
    edited October 2017
    So all this time, I could swap my IGN with another character in the same account? I thought you can only change to names that are available.

I don't want to delete my character to free up an IGN. Just a switcheroo.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017
    So all this time, I could swap my IGN with another character in the same account? I thought you can only change to names that are available.

I don't want to delete my character to free up an IGN. Just a switcheroo.

You could pull it off by purchasing two name coupons, switching the first character's name with a temporary placeholder name, switching the second character's name to the first's original name, and creating a new character with the second character's original name. After a week you can then purchase a third coupon, delete the temporary character, and rename the first character.

However there is not a way to just switch the names between two characters directly, no.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2017
    Youll basically need 30k nx to do the switch (minimum)
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017

Which can we all agree that changing two character names costing $30 is frankly absurd? There's games out there that have IN GAME items to switch names. I'd be fine with it costing 5k nx, tops, 15k is absolutely absurd.
    edited October 2017
    Feel bad for the goobers that started at a young age and kept that main and named them something like "dexlessin6969"
    edited October 2017

Which can we all agree that changing two character names costing $30 is frankly absurd? There's games out there that have IN GAME items to switch names. I'd be fine with it costing 5k nx, tops, 15k is absolutely absurd.

Yeah 15k might be steep, especially since theyre one time use items (on average) unless we have outliers like this specific situation where OP wants to switch igns with another of his characters
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

Yea like 1 per 6 months.
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Neospector wrote: »

Yea like 1 per 6 months.

Also the coupons are always taken out of the shops early.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Geez, 15$ for a name change? Yeah, that's too much. Who in their right mind would blow 15$ on that?