[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Corsair Summon Reorganization fantasy

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Part One Scurvy Summons (includes All Aboard and Ahoy Maties)
As a recent Corsair main I have reached an epiphany on how this class can be improved as a summoner. As a Captain (what the class is called in Korea), Corsair has a summoning pool of up to 2 crew mates, and a Captain is only as great as his/her crew, which in Corsair's case is terrible. I'd like to improvise on the subject to beef up Corsair's crew mates to be nearly as dependent as if they were real party members.

Scurvy Summons starts out as a 2nd job corsair skill that summons a single crew member out of 3, that deals 230% damage 1 time, The damage output of these summons aren't all that bad, it's just that the summons can never move far enough to hit something before being forced to teleport back to your player. I'd like to fix this by adding a summon management UI that operates similar to Wild Hunter's Jaguar control UI. The UI will be far simpler, however, with only two modes: Patrol, Support, and Bodyguard mode (3rd mode unlocked at 4th job).

Patrol mode allows summons spawned via Scurvy Summons to freely move on their own on a single platform without teleporting back to your character. This helps a lot in training areas that are extremely big and increases crowd control overall for Corsair. Crew members final damage will increase by 30% in this mode and gained from maxing Ahoy Maties, though the status ailment effect of All Aboard will only apply in Bodyguard mode.

Support mode is essentially Scurvy Summons as it is now, summons two summons to nearby to attack monsters around you, except the passives gained from Ahoy Maties will be amplified or add new effects. Note: increased stats/bonus effects and damage reduction only applied in Support mode and reverted when using the other 2 modes. (ahoy maties' summon damage boost does not apply to this mode)

Murat Critical damage boost 5%>8% + Remaining cooldowns of all skills will gradually decrease by 4 extra seconds for every 3rd second of cooldown that goes by (1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 5 : total of 14 seconds pass within a 6 second period). Summon's damage decreased from 500% to 350%
Valerie Critical rate boost 15% + recover 5% hp/mp every 8 seconds while summoned. Summon damage decreased from 560% to 400%
Jack: HP/MP 30% +30 speed > 20% dodge chance added. Damage reduced from 320% > 220%.
Cutter: Damage intake decrease: 15% > + Will act as bodyguard (see Bodyguard mode) but doesn't die until summon duration ends/ scurvy summons is reused. Damage decrease from 480% > 300%

Bodyguard Mode (unlike the other modes, unlocks at 4th job via Ahoy Maties) Summons all 4 crew mates at once to protect you from fatal attacks. While this mode of Scurvy Summons is up, Cooldown and Summon duration is tripled (360 second duration/cooldown) and the cooldown of Scurvy Summons can not be decreased, yet summon duration increase still applies. Each crew member will absorb abnormal status from you and can not absorb more than 1 at a time and each status effect will last 30 seconds and be unaffected by abnormal status duration reduction, and protect you from attacks that could kill you at the cost of their life and cant be re-summoned until cooldown of Scurvy Summons ends. Total damage of each crew mate cut in half. (blocks 4 fatal attacks and up to 4 status effects) In this mode, status reduction boost from Jolly Roger is nullified.

Please bare with me as these new enhancements may seem overpowered and I tried countering it by making sacrifices to damage output of the summons and reduced/removed their and corsair's abilities.

Part 2 Octo Cannon and Broadside
These summons' damages I feel are okay however their summon duration suck eggs. I feel like they can be overwhelmingly increased and still only be "okay."

In short, I'd like to see Octo Cannon and Broadside's summon duration increased from 30 seconds to 120 seconds, and the cooldown of Broadside be increased to 180 seconds. I haven't done any much math to calculate cooldown with nautilus strike's cooldown reduction to this skill when cast so I'm sure there would still be lots of summon room if the cooldown was only increased to 180 seconds (automatically turns into 90 seconds after Nautilus Strike).

Part 3 5th job new summon idea: Terror of the Seas

I had this fantasy moments prior to starting this thread where it would be epic of Corsair to have had a skill that summoned the almighty Pianus, where Pianus appears as a full map skill and take up a quarter of the screen and attack random enemies on a single platform with his mouth beam or weight drops for a couple of seconds before receding into his cave.

latest?cb=20091231123822
(Pianus)
SlicedTime

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    Overall I think it's a great idea, I feel like all summons should have an overhaul similar to this.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Corsairs DO need a buff. . .