[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Astaroth's Door won't allow entry to Astaroth

BuckYouBuckYou
Reactions: 1,490
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2017 in Bug Reporting
IGN : Jett
Server : Bera
Job : Jett
Glitch : Attempting to enter Astaroth's door from the map before Astaroth does nothing. It should be letting us in to fight Astaroth.
Fix : The door needs to be fixed to let us in the fight instead of doing nothing.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    IIRC, Astaroth can only be fought on Explorers under level 40, and only after you do the quest for defeating your class-specific demon (which is up to level 30).
  • LyxertLyxert
    Reactions: 310
    edited October 2017
    I agree with this. I have completed the demon quest. Astaroth's Door goes through the prompts, but when selecting to fight him, nothing oc
  • LyxertLyxert
    edited October 2017
    I am level 28, and I have completed the Demon Quest. I can go all the way to the doorway right before you fight Astaroth, and it acknowledged me as the party leader; but nothing occurred after that.
  • LyxertLyxert
    edited November 2017
    Good to know that we can get no assistance on these matters. This is the pentacle of great service.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Lyxert wrote: »
    Good to know that we can get no assistance on these matters. This is the pentacle of great service.

The word you're looking for is "pinnacle". "Pentacle" is a magical charm.

I can forward the issue but if there is a bug there's not much assistance I can give you until the issue itself is fixed. Also, I believe the level restriction on Astaroth is level 30+ (according to this), try getting to Level 30 and seeing if it works.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    The word you're looking for is "pinnacle". "Pentacle" is a magical charm.

I can forward the issue but if there is a bug there's not much assistance I can give you until the issue itself is fixed. Also, I believe the level restriction on Astaroth is level 30+ (according to this), try getting to Level 30 and seeing if it works.

Not sure if the under lvl 40 thing was after I did Astaroth in the past (think I soloed him when I was ~120 back before the original doorway disappeared), but can confirm that +30 makes no difference rn (lvl 213 and tried to enter, ran into issues mentioned above).
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Not sure if the under lvl 40 thing was after I did Astaroth in the past (think I soloed him when I was ~120 back before the original doorway disappeared), but can confirm that +30 makes no difference rn (lvl 213 and tried to enter, ran into issues mentioned above).

I meant that you had to be between level 30 and level 40; in my experience there has always been a level cap on Astaroth (and the related demon doors).
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

I meant that you had to be between level 30 and level 40; in my experience there has always been a level cap on Astaroth (and the related demon doors).

Are you sure about the related demon doors? Cause I went into Marbas (magician's) door (as in I entered, went through one map, and killed him, not just see the npc doorway) along the way to Astaroth.
    And when they first made Astaroth soloable, don't think he had a lvl cap then either.
    Also, where would the game stop you if you're over lvl40? The first doorway, at the top of the map before the waiting room, the waiting room, etc?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Are you sure about the related demon doors? Cause I went into Marbas (magician's) door (as in I entered, went through one map, and killed him, not just see the npc doorway) along the way to Astaroth.
    And when they first made Astaroth soloable, don't think he had a lvl cap then either.
    Also, where would the game stop you if you're over lvl40? The first doorway, at the top of the map before the waiting room, the waiting room, etc?

I have no idea, I just remember that almost every guide I've checked has stated that there's a level cap.