[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Rebirth Item

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Wouldn't it be fun if there was a cash item that you could buy that allows you to turn back into a level 10 , allowing you to choose or replay your character from first job all over again? For fun purposes, I like to delete characters, specifically link mules, and make new ones to re-experience what it felt to get from 1-120 all over gain (sometimes it sucked and it still sucks when I try to force myself to like a class I didn't like before). This would be a fun thing I would buy for my explorer characters, though possibly would be usable on citizens and cygnus knights in the future.

Item: Hands of Time REQ lv: 100
Description: Turn back the hands of time to take a permanent trip down memory lane. Caution: Once used the effects are irreversible. (Turns your current level and class to level 10 Beginner), Can't use more than once per week from the date you last used it.

The item would work as a New Game+ item which allows you to keep your current beginner skills that aren't the ones you get at default (skills like Empress's Might and Sengoku Totem Skill) and allows you to choose a different job (or same job, if you're not a basic resistance cygnus or explorer class) as if you were playing the game on that character for the first time but with all your items kept from the last playthrough, and maybe, if not too good, give you a buff that permanently increases additive EXP by 1% per rebirth up to 50%, and gives a base set of other buffs for certain rebirth milestones if you rebirth after level 100.

Example milestone buffs:
10 rebirths = +10 inventory slots in all tabs and OR (if all or a certain slot(s) is/are maxed out) tradable within account all slot +10 coupon (excludes storage slots) and +5% max MP/HP
20 rebirths = +5% critical rate increase
40 rebirths = +5% permanent drop rate increase
50 rebirths = +10% pdr increase

After the 50th Rebirth, you must be 150 or higher to receive cumulative rebirths for the 75th and 100th rebirth milestone.

75 rebirths = +5% Final Damage
100 Rebirths = +10% Boss damage

I should also mention since this item is pay-2-"win," there will also be 2 rebirths available for Maple Reward Points per Reward Shop resets.

This suggestion has obvious pros and cons but I'd like to see your thoughts/ ways to improve this idea.

Here's one I'll come up with: Allow all classes to use this item regardless of job but only revert the class to 1st job for special classes.

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    ... This suggestion sounds incredibly familiar. I can't seem to remember exactly what the other post was though.

Regardless, I don't like this idea. Simply for the fact that you have milestones for resetting your character 100 times. That's absolutely absurd. Not to mention those at 250 probably wouldn't dare use them, or really anyone that's above 200. I just don't really see the merit of resetting my character 100 times for meager stats. I also feel like your motive to add this can be solved just by making another character of the same class :/
    Hardmuscle
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2017

AznboiE wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be fun if there was a cash item that you could buy that allows you to turn back into a level 10 , allowing you to choose or replay your character from first job all over again? For fun purposes, I like to delete characters, specifically link mules, and make new ones to re-experience what it felt to get from 1-120 all over gain (sometimes it sucked and it still sucks when I try to force myself to like a class I didn't like before). This would be a fun thing I would buy for my explorer characters, though possibly would be usable on citizens and cygnus knights in the future.

Item: Hands of Time REQ lv: 100
    Description: Turn back the hands of time to take a permanent trip down memory lane. Caution: Once used the effects are irreversible. (Turns your current level and class to level 10 Beginner), Can't use more than once per week from the date you last used it.

The item would work as a New Game+ item which allows you to keep your current beginner skills that aren't the ones you get at default (skills like Empress's Might and Sengoku Totem Skill) and allows you to choose a different job (or same job, if you're not a basic resistance cygnus or explorer class) as if you were playing the game on that character for the first time but with all your items kept from the last playthrough, and maybe, if not too good, give you a buff that permanently increases additive EXP by 1% per rebirth up to 50%, and gives a base set of other buffs for certain rebirth milestones if you rebirth after level 100.

Example milestone buffs:
    10 rebirths = +10 inventory slots in all tabs and OR (if all or a certain slot(s) is/are maxed out) tradable within account all slot +10 coupon (excludes storage slots) and +5% max MP/HP
    20 rebirths = +5% critical rate increase
    40 rebirths = +5% permanent drop rate increase
    50 rebirths = +10% pdr increase

After the 50th Rebirth, you must be 150 or higher to receive cumulative rebirths for the 75th and 100th rebirth milestone.

75 rebirths = +5% Final Damage
    100 Rebirths = +10% Boss damage

I should also mention since this item is pay-2-"win," there will also be 2 rebirths available for Maple Reward Points per Reward Shop resets.

This suggestion has obvious pros and cons but I'd like to see your thoughts/ ways to improve this idea.

Here's one I'll come up with: Allow all classes to use this item regardless of job but only revert the class to 1st job for special classes.

A better idea to tweak Legion/Union so that certain level milestones come with a perk such as +5% drop rate to character for reaching 7000 Legion level. The idea of before reborn sounds buggy.
    MageOfBattlesSlicedTime
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited October 2017
    I'm neutral on the thought of rebirths in Maple ... and ...

@MageOfBattles
    ... This suggestion sounds incredibly familiar.
    I can't seem to remember exactly what the other post was though.
    Regardless, I don't like this idea. Simply for the fact that you have milestones for resetting your character 100 times. That's absolutely absurd. Not to mention those at 250 probably wouldn't dare use them, or really anyone that's above 200. I just don't really see the merit of resetting my character 100 times for meager stats. I also feel like your motive to add this can be solved just by making another character of the same class :/
    Maple-nogi ... /facepaw .... :trollface: