[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna Buff Freezer bug

SoephaaiSoephaai
Reactions: 775
edited October 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:

A bug regarding the use of Buff Freezers on Kanna's Haku skills.

Brief bug summary:

Whenever Kanna uses Buff Freezers, the expected result is to respawn with all buffs retained. However, even though Haku's Blessing, the Breath of the Unseen and Foxfire still show up in the skill bar at the top right, they do not provide any effects. Until Haku recasts these buffs (which won't recast until the time is up, as they run on an invisible timer), Kanna will be without these buffs, despite using the Buff Freezer.

The timer that decides when Haku recasts its skills is based on the duration of the buffs (up to 40-60 seconds, depending on skills), and this timer persists through death. So, dying means you'll be without Haku's skills for up to 40-60 seconds, that's a big damage loss.

Bottom line: Haku's skills are only retained visually, they do not provide any active effects after dying and using a Buff Freezer to retain them. Because of the timer that keeps Haku from recasting, you're without Haku's skills for a long time.

More details:

One question I had is whether this also is the case for Party members. When a party member of a Kanna dies affected with Haku's Blessing, and uses a Buff Freezer, do they retain its effects? I'm currently unable to test this so I'm hoping for some community input. :p

Steps to reproduce:

Cast Haku Reborn, and have Haku bless you with his weak-ass skills -> Die -> use a Buff Freezer -> See your skills in the active buff bar, but notice that your stats/damage is not affected by them.

Character name:

Blauwpet

Character level:

Character job:

Kanna

World name:

Reboot