[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DIFICULTIES LAUNCHING THE GAME

MatheusXaiaMatheusXaia
Reactions: 200
edited January 2018 in Tech Support
Hi all,

Since yesterday i've been trying to launch the game but it crashes before it even opens up.
Anyone else having this kinda problem?

Comments

• AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited November 2017
    personally, i wish we can just directly launch the game using the gamelauncher like we did back in the day
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Just play a better game.

You're not helping, and you're on thin ice already. Stop derailing threads.
    Hi all,

Since yesterday i've been trying to launch the game but it crashes before it even opens up.
    Anyone else having this kinda problem?

It may be possible that your firewall is preventing you from launching the game. Try checking your firewall permissions.
  • DankNugsDankNugs
    Reactions: 770
    edited November 2017
    No, it has nothing to do with firewall, just another problem small enough for Nexon to avoid completely. The trick is to watch the entire Halloween event cut scene, no matter how much it hurts your soul. :D Then 9/10 times you'll get into the game without crashing.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2017
    DankNugs wrote: »
    No, it has nothing to do with firewall, just another problem small enough for Nexon to avoid completely. The trick is to watch the entire Halloween event cut scene, no matter how much it hurts your soul. :D Then 9/10 times you'll get into the game without crashing.

That avoids a crash caused by the game not loading fully before the world select screen, but OP stated the crashing occurred before the game launched, which suggests a firewall issue or something similar to me.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited November 2017
    If you are on steam you can try starting it and when the please wait white screen shows up click the red (here) button to see if that will start it up.

• MatheusXaiaMatheusXaia
    edited November 2017
    So this is whats happening.
    I click "Play" on the launcher. The window that asks permmition to run the game pops-up, i allow it and when the game is supposed to load as usual, i get nothing but a tiny window that says nothing but "Maplestoty" at the top as the title of the window.

Please see an uploaded screenshot bellow.
    https://ibb.co/n3ZR0w
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited November 2017
    I click "Play" on the launcher. The window that asks permmition to run the game pops-up, i allow it and when the game is supposed to load as usual, i get nothing but a tiny window that says nothing but "Maplestoty" at the top as the title of the window.

I see you're using Nexon Launcher. NX Launcher is known for having some bugs and lags that prevent you from starting the game. For some people, every update means re-downloading the game. I just got tired of it, so I switched to Steam launcher, and haven't had a problem since.
    The best advice I can give you is to just uninstall MS on NexonLauncher and just download it through steam.
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2017
    just give us game launcher back ugh
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2017

The blank error box I haven't seen in a while, however you should be able to fix this issue easily:

Open the regedit program on your computer (if you use the search function in the menu bar you should find it).
    Locate the "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" registry
    Find the registry that has the same path as your Maplestory game files (typically this should be C:\Users\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata\Maplestory.exe )
    Right click>Modify>Delete the value

Your game should run if you launch again.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Just play a better game.

You're not helping, and you're on thin ice already. Stop derailing threads.

I am helping, there's hella lot of other games to play.
    Why doesn't nexon help him then? They never seem to help anyone unless you give them money first.

You're going to get banned again. Please for the love of cthulu just stop.
  • MatheusXaiaMatheusXaia
    edited November 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

The blank error box I haven't seen in a while, however you should be able to fix this issue easily:

Open the regedit program on your computer (if you use the search function in the menu bar you should find it).
    Locate the "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" registry
    Find the registry that has the same path as your Maplestory game files (typically this should be C:\Users\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata\Maplestory.exe )
    Right click>Modify>Delete the value

Your game should run if you launch again.

Hi,

I found a video on youtube that helped me fix the problem.

Game back up and running again.

Thanks for the help.

Here is a link to the video i used: