[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher Issue

MiraMira
Reactions: 4,160
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2017 in Tech Support
Hello,

This issue has now happened to me twice, and it is becoming rather annoying. When I minimize MS, a prompt comes up saying that there've been changes to the launcher and that it needs to restart. 98% of the time this is fine, it just restarts. However, twice now, after restarting, I get the following message:

Patch failed:
('bin//nexon.cll', PermissionError(13, 'Access is denied'))

I now have to uninstall and reinstall the Launcher to fix this. Last time, it took 3 installations to fix, we'll see how lucky I get this time...

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to prevent it from happening again, as it is wildly inconvenient. =/

Comments

• ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited November 2017
    I encountered the same problem as well only a few minutes earlier. I'm not sure if it'll work for you, but what I did was close all the Nexon games I have open, reopen the Nexon Launcher and the update installed without problems.
    Taehyung
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Toreishi wrote: »
    I encountered the same problem as well only a few minutes earlier. I'm not sure if it'll work for you, but what I did was close all the Nexon games I have open, reopen the Nexon Launcher and the update installed without problems.

You are a god - thanks so much! It worked perfectly~ =)
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2017
    for the record nexon....

xAyO1tj.png?1

.... that's the error.

Unfortunately for me the above solution didn't work for me as there was no nexon files in my process list and what's worse when I decided to do a restart the launcher.exe vanished! The shortcut was there but the main file was gone so I just had to redownload the launcher, link my maplestory folder to it and then it worked. So if the above solution doesn't work for you restart your computer check to see if the file got deleted and if so just redownload the launcher. gg.