[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

tips on starting off youtube or twitch?

xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
Reactions: 1,860
edited November 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hey guys. I'm struggling to figure out what to major in college and I couldn't figure out what I wanna do with the rest of my life. I have indeed had a youtube channel for a while but just start a twitch channel (nothings on there). I personally don't like asking ppl to subscribe cuz i felt like im only asking for attention and i sure hate being that guy. chances are no one would watch my videos though (that claims to be false). i have no expectations for success and i dont like callng myself famous. i wanna be a youtuber or a twitch streamer at some point but there's something im lacking: good communication skills most commonly, which is why i dont use my voice in the video. Handling internet people is another thing, which was harder for me to do (sometimes). So if anyone has like tips for anything related, let me know. I'm struggling with life either way...

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Hmm, if you have issues with talking in videos, I'm subbed to someone who uses text to communicate through his videos, and it's actually really nice and refreshing. Of course it's not as easy to listen in the background since you have to read what's on the screen. As for streaming, that method isn't possible, and I know that a lot of people watch streams for the personalities streaming as much as they watch them for the content. So it sounds like YouTube is more up your alley.

But I'm hardly qualified to advise you on this. I mean, yeah it's tough to get a channel up and running, but if you play the field smart you never know what could happen. I also have a subscription to a channel that mainly runs on streams on twitch for content, but it's all about finding what fits best for you and the content that you want to make.
    xxHorntailxx
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited November 2017
    First of all, if you are struggling with life already. Fixed that first.
    Secondly find a mediocre job part-time that pays well. A smart YouTuber cannot survive on YouTube cash alone, since his appearance will drastically change based on the current lifestyle.
    xxHorntailxx
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    usually content makes the channel as well