[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Launcher always asks to install c++ redistributabl

barr520barr520
Reactions: 1,141
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Nexon Launcher
Brief bug summary:
whenever i try to open the game i get prompted to install MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 2015 C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE despite having a newer version already, if I press install it fails due to having a newer version and launches the game as usual,if i press cancel it launches the game as usual

More details:
i have installed multiple versions of the program installed, including the new 2017

Steps to reproduce:
Have the latest c++ redistributable installed(might only happen on windows 10)
try to launcher to game
get promted to install c++ redistributable

Date and time of the incident:every time i launch the game, too many incidents to count
DreamWeaver

Comments

• DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I can verify this. It's been happening to me for about two patches. Same exact issue.
  • RoflMayoRoflMayo
    Reactions: 470
    edited December 2017
    Same.
  • kazuma999kazuma999
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2020
    Same. I have the 2017 version and it keeps asking on launch. All you have to do is close it but it gets annoying after a while. You can also uninstall the new versions and let the launcher install the 2015 version to make it stop asking.
  • MrCool59MrCool59
    Reactions: 740
    edited February 2020
    i was able to fix the issue by installing Microsoft visual c++ 2015-2019 a quick search will allow you to find and download this i would post a link but im not sure how a program with an outside link would be viewed