[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Designing a Maplestory Keyboard

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This may sound cheesy, but Maplestory should partner up with a company like Corsair and sell Maplestory Editioned parts like mice, keyboard, mousepads and maybe computer cases. It doesn't have to be very colorful or look like someone painted on your keyboard, but it should have some sort of Maplestory graphic on it like a simple drawing of a slime or mushroom. The mousepad is easy as it is only a picture without many features that jump out.

Keyboard

I want the dream Maplestory keyboard to have a premium feel to it, have some of Maplestory's cuteness and include what gamers like. Someone playing CSGO with it shouldn't be laughed at because their keyboard looks pink like Pink Bean.

The keyboard would be made with Cherry MX switches including RED, BLUE as well as BROWN and would come have RGB per key lighting. On the left would be 18 programmable keys for macros (there won't be an enable to toggle macro loops.) Above the keys is a key allowing you to record keystrokes and to stop recording them. Below the spacebar would be a snail or another iconic monster that has LED lighting. A nice brushed aluminum body and braided USB cable will give the keyboard great durability. The F1-F7 keys would have the facial expressions which are affected by the LED lighting. A wheel to control the volume as well as some media keys would be above the numberpad. Above the F1-F12 keys would be a small a dock allowing you to hold your phone horizontally. The keyboard would also include USB pass-through to allow easy access to a USB port for phone charging, flash drives or a mouse as well as mic and headphone pass-through. At the bottom will be a detachable wristrest that will have some sort of Maplestory background. A tenkeyless version will also be available with the only tweak aside from a number pad being absent will be the volume and media keys being shifted to above the printscreen break keys.

I got ideas from looking at Corsair's K95 Platinum as well as my Blackwidow Chroma and my Logitech G510 as well as another keyboard, Logitech Orion Spark.

I have other ideas cooking such as a mouse, case and headphone, but I don't know too many specs about them and I don't own any cases bigger than a Mid ATX since I want to make a few cases ranging from ITX to Super ATX (what kind of mapler needs an Ursu-sided case.) I know if I were to suggest 5.25 inch drive bays for a Maplestory case, some of you would laugh that no one uses CDs and people use CD keys instead or use externals disc drives

No results for this poll

Comments

• SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited November 2017
    Honest opinion... also a bit of a story from me.

Honest Opinion Part > This can be done somewhat at home pretty easy.

Story part > I did this back in the day Pre-BB, Not sure if this is smart to admit because I feel like I Tryharded a lot by doing this. I printed out Skill Jpg Images and I had custom Keys made for my keyboard with that skill on it and I would keybind that skill to that key. Never had to open my Keybindings because my Skills were bound to my IRL Keyboard. Funny enough i sold it to a guy that owned a PC Cafe back in the day for like $150 because it was keybinded for a Bishop and he mained one LUL
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    Honest opinion... also a bit of a story from me.

Honest Opinion Part > This can be done somewhat at home pretty easy.

Story part > I did this back in the day Pre-BB, Not sure if this is smart to admit because I feel like I Tryharded a lot by doing this. I printed out Skill Jpg Images and I had custom Keys made for my keyboard with that skill on it and I would keybind that skill to that key. Never had to open my Keybindings because my Skills were bound to my IRL Keyboard. Funny enough i sold it to a guy that owned a PC Cafe back in the day for like $150 because it was keybinded for a Bishop and he mained one LUL

Innovation
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited November 2017

Innovation

I think you mean EZ Profit Kappa
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited December 2017
    skill etched custom keycaps. Dunno about ___xMaplestory peripheral collab because maple isnt like a big game compared to esport titles like OW or something.