[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reward Point Shop Item Suggestion

SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
Reactions: 1,535
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Since you can obtain RP by buying items in the CS, I figured it'd make sense to add this as a feature. Clock/Hourglass type item that you can double click to Extend the duration of NX Equips (Not Pets, However Pet Equips count).

E.G.

4k RP > 30Day Extension. 2 Per Month (Expires in 10 Days)
7.5K RP > 90 Day Extension. 2 Per Month (Expires in 30days)

The Duration of the item can't go above 90Days, Meaning if an Item has 50Days remaining and you want to add more time, 15-30days would count. However, adding on 90 Day Extension would max it out at 90 Days again. I feel the current RP I suggested fits as being balanced, RP isn't hard to obtain if saved however saving 7.5k to refresh an item to its original 90Days would take you a while unless you only refresh 1 item. From my experience, most people that pay for limited time NX Items buy more than one item usually. Due to this Nexon wouldn't have to worry about people just refreshing their items over and over since saving 7.5k RP per item isn't going to be an easy feat within only 90 Days.

This would be a pretty balanced option in the CS for those that might be wary of buying Timed NX Clothing,
  1. Would you want this as an Option.3 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (2 votes)
    2. No
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• CuddlePuddleCuddlePuddle
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2017
    by doing that you can make an item last forever, why not just buy a permanent item in the first place my good buddy

all those time sensitive items are time sensitive so you cant hoard them.
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    edited November 2017
    by doing that you can make an item last forever

No, you can't... Items that can be extended in-game from what I remember are only able to be extended once in its life. This has been the rule since the introduction of those Hourglasses. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Also, it would be nearly impossible, ask anyone in your Guild or BL. The common RP/Month is usually around 5k (Without events). People often use that RP on cubes, This method of NX Extensions would not be something someone would be able to do forever unless it was on a single item and like I said above, Commonly Time NX Items are bought in a bulk of like 2/3 at once. No one just buys a single NX item usually. So even if it was possible to keep it forever, It would only be a Single Item they would be able to accomplish it on, and it's not like they can save to buy multiple 90day extensions/month either since RP expires after a while. I had 12k from events the other day but the new month rolled over and I went down to 5k. Realistically speaking you could only buy the 90day while Events are active since it's almost impossible to gain 7.5k in a single month and you can't save 5k then 2k next month without some series math/strategy ahead of time, You'd have to receive the 2K prior to the 5K expiring.

Also, what is so wrong with a permanent item anyways? Pets work that way in Reboot... we get free water of life with RP meaning our 90Day pets are basically Perm no matter what. The water of life is only 2.9k if not lower... you wanna talk about Perm at a cheap cost. At least my Idea seems less broken and doesn't actually add any form of benefit besides style, While pets are literally one of the most OP items in-game to the point that they are basically just a Roomba on Speed.

P.S. Why did I have to make that Roomba Comment, Now I want a Roomba pet in-game....
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    edited November 2017
    all those time sensitive items are time sensitive so you cant hoard them.

Actually, almost all Timed NX items have a Perm Version, Commonly through random boxes over time (Not Premium Surprise). Also, there was a time in which the Cash Shop sold all Timed Equips as Permanents... it was a wonderful time, I think it happened around BB Transition. I honestly wouldn't mind an Event happening some day. All NX Items bought for 1 day being Perm but costing double the price.