[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Afterlands keys are stuck in my inventory.

urtinydancrurtinydancr
Reactions: 200
edited November 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Quest ETC items were not used up and now stuck inside the inventory, with no ways to get rid of them.

Brief bug summary:
As I was finishing up The Afterlands theme dungeon, I was clicking each of the locks to unlock them. But one of them (the golden colored one in the center area of the giant door) did not have its 'trigger' on its rightful game image (it instead seems to be a little bit on the 10 o'clock side of its game image) and I had accidentally clicked the giant door itself. Yet it triggered the giant door to open and I was taken out of the theme dungeon. Although the theme dungeon was considered finished and I have obtained the gift box, I still had the leftover 7 keys that I wasn't able to use on the locks.

More details:
Each key holds 1 individual inventory slot and they are currently using up 7 of my ETC slots.

Steps to reproduce:
1. In The Afterlands theme dungeon, obtain all the remaining keys needed to open the giant door.
2. Whether it be an accident or done purposely, click the giant door rather than any of the locks.
3. Trigger the giant door to open despite not using all of the keys.
4. Will obtain the rewards for "finishing" the Afterlands, but keys that were not used are still present in the ETC inventory.
5. These Afterlands keys cannot be dropped or sold at any given moment, and now permanently stuck in your inventory.

Character name:
MrsBooooo

Character level:
Was lv96 when it happened, but now I am around lv140s.

Character job:
Kanna

World name:
Bera

Date and time of the incident:
Around November 10, 2017 15:30 PST

P.S.
I have posted this here now after over 10 days because:
1. The ticket I submitted for this problem came back under 15 minutes with just a copy-paste reply from the CS team.
2. Waited to see if I would get any new updates on it, but have not and lost my patience.
3. I do have a screenshot of it too, but I do not know how to put it up here...

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited February 2018
    Moving this up, going over the Afterland bugs.

Is this still an issue?
  • fine243fine243
    Reactions: 100
    edited February 2018
    Invulgo wrote: »

Is this still an issue?

Don't know about the original poster, but this bug just happened to me. The door to afterlands basically opened after clicking one of the locks and the rest of the keys are stuck to my inventory.
  • fine243fine243
    Reactions: 100
    Invulgo wrote: »

Is this still an issue?

Don't know about the original poster, but this bug just happened to me.

The door to afterlands in the land of beginnings basically opened after clicking only one of the locks and the rest of the keys are stuck to my inventory.
  • urtinydancrurtinydancr
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2018
    I'm surprised this actually made it up after all this time.
    I stopped playing for awhile on this Kanna after reaching lv196.
    But yes, this is still an ongoing issue and I still have all those keys.