[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

HELP FREEZES AFTER PIN NUMBER!!! [PLEASE]

helpmexdhelpmexd
Reactions: 200
edited November 2017 in Tech Support
Hey! I've been having trouble playing maplestory the past few days. I can login in maplestory successfully without interruption. A few days ago I was in Monster Park and my game froze next to the Monster Park Cab. I exited maplestory and tried it again, but it remains frozen at that exact location. This happens after character selection and pin number, the screen turns black (which is normal for everyone). After that, the game loads with the background and my character frozen while the Monster Park background music still playing. I assumed that the problem was my monitor so I tried using buffs, special attacks, and basically anything that makes a sound. However, there is no noise and only the music playing. From the frozen screen, I tried ctrl+alt+delete to open up my task manager but that won't pop-up either. I can't click the windows button or do ANYTHING. My only option to exit the screen is by shutting down my computer forcefully by pressing the button. I've searched everywhere on the internet but couldn't find anyone with the problem. I've redownloaded maplestory, restarted my PC, I've done EVERYTHING. Confusingly enough, I can play games that require more power and memory like GTAV, Rainbow Six Siege, etc. So there is nothing wrong with my PC. By the way, I'm using Windows 10. PLEASE I NEED HELP, I LOVE THIS GAME, IVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME BEFORE BIG BANG, THANK YOU!

Comments

• KyanoFoxKyanoFox
    edited December 2017
    This sounds like either a bugged or stuck character. How it would have ended up like this is confusing to me, but it's likely server sided. The game has been patched recently, so there's a chance that by the server having been restarted since this thread, that you may be able to play normally. I'd suggest trying a different character altogether to make sure that it's character-related. From there, if you still can't get in, submit a ticket and see if customer support can't figure it out.
  • holyborfholyborf
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    its the same for me and ive tried all of my characters
  • KyanoFoxKyanoFox
    edited December 2017
    As mentioned, you have little in the way of options. Filing a ticket is your best bet, regardless of whether or not you like the idea.