[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Cadena] Unable to continue storyline

DrezaemDrezaem
Reactions: 300
edited November 2017 in Bug Reporting
Like a lot of other people I made a Cadena, and during the story you get the brown hood and go into the bar to fight.
The fight is instanced and once completed you come into a different map where you have to continue the storyline. In that map I accepted some quests from the side of the screen because some give free exp/stuff and one ported me to a different map.
After this I couldn't go back to the map to continue the storyline, so now I can't do that content anymore. Usually I would just remake the character since it's only 30 minutes playtime, but since all the events give stuff only once I won't do that.

I also tried to hyper teleport to Mr. Hazard's Hideout: Mr. Hazard's Hideout, since I think that is the map where the quests are.

Comments

• OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited November 2017
    Can you forfeit the quest and try again?
  • SweetCherieSweetCherie
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2017
    Clicked on the lightbulb quest that took me to Alishan right after I finished the last quest before the Lvl 30+ Quest-What does it all mean? When I return to HQ, I can no longer enter the Back Alley Map where Coney was located right before I clicked on the lightbulb that transported me to Alishan. I forfeited the quest and it can only be accepted again by using the maple guide. Once I accepted the quest, it still does not let you complete it because you can't enter the Back Alley Map to find Gen and Coney. Contemplating if I should buy a remote quest completer just to see if I can finish the quest. However, if it does allow me to complete, will I still be able to continue the storyline? Not erasing this character because I bought a royal hair coupon for it already....
  • SirRoseSirRose
    Reactions: 900
    edited November 2017
    This has also happened to me, I hope there would be a fix to this problem.
  • DuckyringDuckyring
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2017
    I also run into the same problem after accidentally accepting the Alishan quest, and do not want to reset character due to equipping NX already
  • SweetCherieSweetCherie
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    Okhura wrote: »
    Can you forfeit the quest and try again?
    Drezaem wrote: »
    Like a lot of other people I made a Cadena, and during the story you get the brown hood and go into the bar to fight.
    The fight is instanced and once completed you come into a different map where you have to continue the storyline. In that map I accepted some quests from the side of the screen because some give free exp/stuff and one ported me to a different map.
    After this I couldn't go back to the map to continue the storyline, so now I can't do that content anymore. Usually I would just remake the character since it's only 30 minutes playtime, but since all the events give stuff only once I won't do that.

I also tried to hyper teleport to Mr. Hazard's Hideout: Mr. Hazard's Hideout, since I think that is the map where the quests are.

Once you teleport back to the HQ, go into the hidden portal, that is located in the Savage Terminal next to the safe. It takes you to the Back Alley. There you will see Coney.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Alishan needs to go away, period. That should never be an over-the-head quest.
  • IcydropIcydrop
    Reactions: 655
    edited December 2017
    This also happened to me as well and I couldn't carry on the mission where I left off afterwards, it took me ages to find my way back to the back alley because it's not even on the world map. Alishan head over quest is disruptive and just causes unnecessary hassle :(
  • PhannyDantomPhannyDantom
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2017
    I have run into a similiar issue.
    I left the storyline after accepting the quest where you are meant to be teleported to the "eastern pantheon secret meet up spot" and now i cant get to that map to continue the storyline ...
    Does anyone know what i can do ?
    (I cant forfeit the previous quest as i have apparently finished it...)