[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Spirit Savior Suggestions

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So I can imagine that many of us have attempted Spirit Savior with less-than-desirable results (especially those who have terrible mobility). And then there was even more disappoint/rage in knowing that there are only 3 attempts a day; mess those up and you're SOL.

Since it's obvious that most players don't have the mobility of the Flash, I have three possible proposals to make Spirit Savior possible for all classes to perform well in.

1. I suggest that players should be given infinite attempts a day to try Spirit Savior, but keep the limit of 30 coins a day. That way, when we mess up our runs, we at least have the opportunity to get all 30 coins, and thus all 10 symbols a day.
2. Give everyone the same Flash Jump/mobility skills inside Spirit Savior only. That way, everyone will have the same abilities, but will have to learn make the best of them.
3. Insert a practice mode that does not count for your daily attempts, but will not reward anything, so players can learn how to do it without having to lose out on a lot of symbols.

While I would love for all 3, or a combination of them (or if we're talking the real world, any of them) of these suggestions to become a reality, I am pretty much posting this on a dead subforum. So for the people who do read this (obviously not Nexon employees), let me know of your thoughts below.
MageOfBattlesCaughtByLove

Comments

• HubbertoHubberto
    Reactions: 1,455
    edited December 2017
    Or add a function that allows you to abandon the quest without it counting as a clear (i.e. when you leave/disband the party in Muto PQ).
  • Michaelxv212Michaelxv212
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited December 2017
    hard af for demon slayer (or just me to do it)
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    This needs to happen. Mobility of all things shouldn't make dailies harder.
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited February 2018
    hard af for demon slayer (or just me to do it)

A Demon Slayer from KMS got 18,000 rescue points in one run. You should take a look.
    You have to be fast and responsive.
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    I have three possible proposals to make Spirit Savior possible for all classes to perform well in.

1. I suggest that players should be given infinite attempts a day to try Spirit Savior, but keep the limit of 30 coins a day. That way, when we mess up our runs, we at least have the opportunity to get all 30 coins, and thus all 10 symbols a day.
    2. Give everyone the same Flash Jump/mobility skills inside Spirit Savior only. That way, everyone will have the same abilities, but will have to learn make the best of them.
    3. Insert a practice mode that does not count for your daily attempts, but will not reward anything, so players can learn how to do it without having to lose out on a lot of symbols.

While I would love for all 3, or a combination of them (or if we're talking the real world, any of them) of these suggestions to become a reality, I am pretty much posting this on a dead subforum. So for the people who do read this (obviously not Nexon employees), let me know of your thoughts below.

I don't think they would choose suggestion 1, but suggestion 2 and 3 seems pretty good.

For suggestion 2 however I don't want 'every' class to have the same Flash Jump/mobility skill though but give at least the jobs that do not have any Flash Jump/Mobility. There is no competition in this 'Solo' Quest, so this is why it is unnecessarily to give every class the same mobility. And what I mean with this is: certain jobs have good Flash Jump/Mobility skills, so there is no need to change this for these jobs, since there is no competition rankings, but give 'especially' mage classes (Explorer Mages, Evan, Luminous, Kanna, Battle Mage) and 'maybe Mechanics too?' Flash Jump/Mobility skill inside Spirit Savior. Maybe you want it to be added to the skill list? I am thinking to completely replace Teleport skill for Flash Jump skill inside this Spirit Savior quest. A Flash Jump skill as good as Warrior Explorer should be sufficient I think? Unless you want to keep using teleport + flash jump, although I wouldn't recommend that since you will need another button.

Suggestion 3 is very nice, of course after adding the Flash Jump skills for the jobs that lacks it.

But yea after I did Spirit Savior the first time, I immediately realized that this new daily would be very hard for mage classes. I didn't look into this daily on YouTube at all before though. Players who did, already knew this. I just tried this every day, by failing runs, earning few points only, like 3-5 coins for the first couple of days. From these runs I learnt how to do it. From 3-5 daily coins, the following day I scored 7,500-9,200-10,500. So that was a big improvement. I did think I can't do this every day, like I would also fail my runs so bad. But from that day on I keep scoring high and collecting over 20 coins.
    My highest score is 29 coins but I know I can cap it. I did notice one little glitch that only happened to me one time. I wasn't sure if I had 4 or 5 Spirits with me at that moment, so I went to the mid spot. It handed the spirits as x1 and x3, two messages appeared after each other which is weird. Because of this my points were lower that run.

For players who do have flash jump/mobility skills and still have a hard time, check YouTube. I checked YouTube after I got my succesful run to see how others would do it. I am going to try to improve my score but I think that is going to be hard. But it is just amazing how these KMS players can do it.

DS 18,000
    Bucc 17,700
    Drk 17,500

Edit: I have tested this Spirit Savior on my Kanna, but my Kanna is too weak right now. So I can't go around the map and carry more than 1 Spirit with me before the chaser catches me. I do have the idea how to navigate through the map on jobs with teleports. Besides of that Kanna's have too much delay with their teleports though. There are various platforms that mages should use to navigate better through the map. Flash Jump users don't really use these platforms. For teleport jobs the best two ways to reach the mid area at the bottom, is by using the top left/right trampolines to reach the center and from there go down. The 2nd option is, if you happened to be there, use the flat bottom (left/right) to teleport to the mid area to store your rescued Spirits.

Rope Lift is a very handy skill in this Spirit Savior. I recommend to equip this skill if you are not a Kaiser or Angelic Buster. Jobs with vertical jumps, if the jump up skill is sufficient than you can decide to leave out Rope Lift. Rope Lift will help you reach areas quicker and it can be used while you are flying across the map after using a trampoline (of course if there are platforms above you within reach).