[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Outta date upgrades from the game launcher

Chapopote13Chapopote13
Reactions: 100
edited December 2017 in Tech Support
I dont know whats wrong with the client, this is the 2nd time that asks me for an update an it downloads 10gb. is like it doesnt recognize the instaled program... this happens when my laptop turns off while running the program. It is really an annoying problem since im loosing 2x exp and events. Fix it pleace!
if is not fixable, i guess imma have 2 be more carefull with this. thank you

Comments

• KyanoFoxKyanoFox
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2017
    What I've noticed over the course of my recent return to the game is that the Launcher provided by Nexon is screwy at best. I couldn't even properly play the game and ended up downloading through steam. Steam client for some reason is far more stable, and isn't built on second-grade launchware code.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Is it downloading or installing?

A recent quirk has been the launcher reinstalling the full game, but still only downloading the necessary updates. For example, the Nova update was 1.59 GB in size, and that's what it downloaded for me, even though it "installed" the full 10 GB.

Installation should be faster than downloading (according to my estimate, up to 20x faster depending on your internet's download speed), and this shouldn't pose an issue.
  • Chapopote13Chapopote13
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    there said downloading and installing in other line, but were there an update yesterday or the day b4?