[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Account issue when launching from Steam

KyanoFoxKyanoFox
Reactions: 200
edited December 2017 in Tech Support
I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who initially, had issues creating an account for the game (despite notes that the email was accepted, and that no amount of PW resets would allow her to log into the site). We also tried launching through Steam before making an account, and that forced a playable account to be made, and usable. However, after logging out of it, she can no longer use it past the first login. It tells her that her PIC is incorrect, and while resetting *is* an option, Steam's forced login system, on top of the fact that she has zero ability to log into her actual account, despite numerous attempts on-site, renders that task impossible.

So the points I'd like to address are as follows:
-What would cause site issues that would bug the account creation process?
-Why does a forcibly made and forced-login account cause errors with PIC validation?
-Is there anything that can be done aside from changing servers and hoping that it works (which we tried on both NA and EU, same thing happened.)?
-If there is nothing that she or I can do, then what would fix the issue altogether?

I've assumed that browser is not the issue, as we both use Chrome, and I was able to both fix my account as well as reset my PIC with minimal issues.
I've also assumed that it's not due to region, even though she *is* in the UK, she wouldn't have any issues with the server due to the 2016 merge. Issues that were present with this should no longer occur.

Any feedback from others with a similar issue would also be helpful, but until then, I'll be sitting with bated breath. I simply want to play with someone I care about. Anything inhibiting that keeps me from enjoying the game as I would have liked to.