[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Forgiving the ban

nomicidylnomicidyl
Reactions: 500
edited December 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hello Maplers, I'm just some random dude who was wrongfully banned for hacking while playing his Kanna. This bitter experience was my own fault, for I was not one who heeded the writing on the wall. Playing Maplestory shares a likeness with inserting your bare wang into a beehive for the promise of sweet, sweet honey. Steam reviewers had already warned me of the sting, and yet in I went.

I'm posting this with the hopes of getting other banees to forgive Nexon. In order to alleviate all this justified umbrage, we must first acknowledge that Maplestory has one the largest hacking communities in all of the world's MMOs. Although it can be said that Nexon has questionable ideas of what constitutes a hacker, filtering out the gray area between legit and cheaters is something most people look at and say, "I wouldn't wanna do that." Once this fact is duly noted we can move on to build sympathy (or empathy for you sociopaths) for the possibly overworked men and women of Nexon America's workforce.

Now that we're fine with the fact that Nexon America is largely composed of incompetents and run with expedience, we can say goodbye to this particular chapter of our lives. With thoughts like, "I don't live in a third-world country." and "Now I'll have more time for other things..." we can shape a brighter outlook on life. We can play other MMOs that require us to spend hard earned cash in order to progress but won't require we stream or record all our gameplay. We can try out that new Zelda emulator that probably only needs 4 gigabytes of free ram to run.

Alright, maybe the angst will still remain after all this is done... Afterall, some people are level 250 Thunder Breaker who made it to the highest rank in dojo or spent hunneds of dollas on the game. Still, we should each try to say, "I forgive you, but I'll probably still hate you." Because their jobs are so hard, we should commend them for at least trying and be done with this. So to the supine children at Nexon America I say, "Good job."