[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to download the Nexon Launcher

MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
Reactions: 4,280
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
I got a update notice on the nexon launcher, so I tried to update it. But every time I tried, I got an error saying something about permissions. I figured that uninstalling the nexon launcher and reinstalling it would be worth a shot, but after clicking on the link on the main page to download the launcher, nothing happens.

I'm currently logged into maple, so I'm not sure if that's what's causing the issue, but I'm also a bit paranoid to log out because I don't know when I'll be able to log back in. Should I try restarting my computer? Or is there something else that I need to do?

Edit: I was able to find a working link to download, but I got this message again:

01ov25H.png

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    Follow up: I think I was able to fix the problem from running the Nexon_Launcher Runtime directly from the Nexon launcher's files. Which you can find by right clicking on the desktop icon of the Launcher and selecting the "Open File Location" option.

The main purpose of this follow up is to potentially help those with the same issues.