[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Christmas world leap event

JiranoFromWindiaJiranoFromWindia
Reactions: 100
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
a nice suggestion seeing as many old players do start playing this game again this time of year

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2017
    a nice suggestion seeing as many old players do start playing this game again this time of year

We just had a world leap about 2 months ago. 99% of the players flew to Bera and made the dead worlds "deader." A world merge would fix the dead world issues in GRAZED, MYBCKN and the other worlds.
  • WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2017
    I disagree. Please never have such a world leap event ever again. I already missed the event, started from scratch in Bera. I don't want Bera to die next. I would close the account and ask for a full refund at that point...

I always wanted a merge to happen, but there's a lot more to it.
    What about guilds?
    How would they go about char expansion slots (sum them up? maybe, but what if it's over limit)
    Etc
    Etc
  • tricky01tricky01
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2017
    I know a world leap happened recently, but I missed it and only came back ~late November. I'd personally like to world leap since i have no significant ties to Scania, and it sounds like a nice idea since Christmas is a time where more people have time to spend on the game.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2017
    Not to be rude, but many people miss a multitude of events every year. They won't bring it back just for people who come back during the holidays and don't play regularly otherwise. Personally, I abstained from participating in the world leap and stayed in Windia so naturally I'm not all that interested in whether or not it will happen again but you'd be better off waiting till the next one, or a world merge, rather than getting your hopes up.
  • JiranoFromWindiaJiranoFromWindia
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    im not happy about the population loss in windia either, but it could be for older players who missed the event. that way the worlds dont lose too many people. i personally like this game with a bigger population and the only way to get that is to transfer over to bera.
  • WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2017
    Not to be rude, but many people miss a multitude of events every year. They won't bring it back just for people who come back during the holidays and don't play regularly otherwise. Personally, I abstained from participating in the world leap and stayed in Windia so naturally I'm not all that interested in whether or not it will happen again but you'd be better off waiting till the next one, or a world merge, rather than getting your hopes up.

Again, an automated world merge is not possible. People would have to consent to losing their guilds, etc. The closest thing that I can think of is to re-launch the world leap event, and make it so that you can transfer FROM all worlds but Bera TO ONLY Bera. Then, for endgame, when it comes to all those people who haven't logged in in years, you have to send out e-mail warnings that servers will be shutting down, and that their world would be auto-merged. Then, for people with old guilds and such, it would cause issues. Maybe reimbursements in the form of in-game currency should be made, or options to change guild names, etc.

Edit: In other words, more work than Nexon would ever do and you know it.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Three people from windia in one post. Nice nice.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    WyldeRyder wrote: »
    Again, an automated world merge is not possible. People would have to consent to losing their guilds, etc. The closest thing that I can think of is to re-launch the world leap event, and make it so that you can transfer FROM all worlds but Bera TO ONLY Bera. Then, for endgame, when it comes to all those people who haven't logged in in years, you have to send out e-mail warnings that servers will be shutting down, and that their world would be auto-merged. Then, for people with old guilds and such, it would cause issues. Maybe reimbursements in the form of in-game currency should be made, or options to change guild names, etc.

Edit: In other words, more work than Nexon would ever do and you know it.

We've been through several world alliances. No guilds were lost, nor buddy lists, weddings, storage space, cash items in storage, or anything else (except MTS in one case, but MTS was planned to be closed already at that point, the allying worlds just lost it a little prematurely). Some guilds were renamed, if there were duplicates, that's all.

Forcing everyone to leap to Bera and lose all of the above plus legion levels, and possibly some characters, is not a solution to anything. Plus, believe it or not, not everyone wants to be in the most crowded world.

What they need to do is ally all the worlds that are "too empty". This will give those people who chose to stay in their existing worlds, as well as those who missed the leap or are still on hiatus, a decently populated world alliance to play in.

After that, there can be other world leap events, to allow people to move from the "small town" to the "big city" or vice versa.
    DarkPassengerSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    It would be nice for those who missed out, but I'll pass myself.
    I've been in Zenith since joining the game.
    I'm all snug and cozy in GRAZED.
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    i'd like windia to be just a bit more populated sometimes, and i bet some berans would like not having every map being congested
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    i'd like windia to be just a bit more populated sometimes, and i bet some berans would like not having every map being congested