[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Hey Nexon, we gotta talk.

CriscoTrollCriscoTroll
Reactions: 2,030
edited December 2017 in General Chat
I hope you know that recently, the Reboot community was in an uproar because of some of the changes that came with the Cadena Patch, notably the changes made to the non-KMS maps.

An overwhelming majority of the maple community voiced their opinion on what they thought of the changes made in several very well written posts.
The answer the community gave Nexon in response was simple. These changes would kill off the world with the second biggest population.
In a belayed response, we got word that the design team would “consider” making changes in the future to address the extremely negative impact these changes had on the server.

Before I say anything else, I’d like to thank our CM @Arwoo for relaying our concerns to the design team.

In the past, when the community has voiced opposition to issues that were unhealthy for the state of the game, the design team gave us the same answer as they did now: they would acknowledge these issues exist, and would “consider changes”, but after months pass, nothing would get done.

Changes were “considered” for cracking down on botters, a just appeals system to bans, reasonable times for invasion and ursus, drop rate changes, nerfs to Haku buff, and Buffing Jett and Beast Tamer.

These are but a few of the many things the Maple community had asked of Nexon in the past, and while we got acknowledgement that these issues were being “considered”, no change ever came of it.

We took this kind of abuse because for one, we loved the game, the community, and the few people in the Company like our CMs that gave us that glimmer of hope that Nexon was at least trying to listen and fix these issues.

The events leading up to the latest patch and new information regarding the ban system that was revealed took that hope and showed us how Nexon really thought of its customers.

First off. a few days before the patch hit, Nexon held a Black Friday Sale featuring many items that were in high demand, like permanent transparent equipment covers. The community, hyped for the coming big Nova Events, splurged our money on these new cosmetics.

After the change hit, it was discovered that Nexon changed meso drops from non-KMS maps, and conveniently forgot to put it in the patch notes.

Even before the patch hit, there was consensus among the players that the changes made to non-KMS maps would be terrible for Reboot, and those that were supporting it were mostly botters and account sellers that would see the value of the meso go up with the proposed changes.

This underhanded change in Nexon’s part not only showed that despite all the big talk about improving communication between the players and the company, Community feedback did not matter. Furthermore, it was a literal insult to our intelligence – if the company didn’t think of the community as fools, they would have at least told us that these changes went through.

To make things worse, the automated banning system was running amok, banning players for doing something as innocuous as going AFK in towns. This was not the first time this was an issue. A few months back, many innocent players were banned while playing on their Kannas.
People flooded the forums and live chat, requesting for further investigation. All we got were threats that we would be barred from live chat if we pressed the issue further, and a note saying that the scores of players that saw their characters in which they invested thousands of dollars and hours into were out of luck, since the “recent bans were indeed the correct course of action”.

A few days later, when a frustrated customer created “3 new accounts… [and] sent in three ban appeals”, the customer service flat-out told him that “upon multiple investigation[sic], our records indicate this account was involved in a serious violation of our [TOS]”. This proved that the system that was supposed to help your customers was in fact a brainless chatbot, programmed to copy and paste the same thing without even looking into specific cases.

This is absolutely unthinkable behavior coming from a company.

We’re done. All this time, you (Nexon) was milking us of our money, while distracting us with the dangling false hope that the game that we enjoy and love will get better.
Now we know that you hold the community in such a low regard.

Now we know that you’ve been making a mockery of your loyal customers, laughing at us while we asked you over years to make changes.
Now we know that you don’t care about the game either, lazily importing changes from other regions without even giving a forethought that maybe, Korea is vastly different from literally the entire world.

I would ideally like for sweeping changes to come, and for Nexon to actually start listening to us. I have even typed a copy of this post, translated into Korean, so that the upper management can see and hear our concerns.

But until then, I refuse to spend a single cent on this game, and on your company, knowing how the company thinks of me, and others like myself. If you won’t listen to us when we talk with words, then we’ll talk with our wallets.

EDIT 1: Someone started a petition. If you seriously believe that Nexon does not deserve your money without making some major changes, go check it out.

https://www.change.org/p/to-nexon-no-spending-on-nx-until-nexon-takes-action-on-community-concerns

EDIT 2: Here is the Korean translation of the above letter. @Arwoo if possible, please let the higher ups in Nexon see this (if they are indeed korean speakers). we appreciate your efforts to listen to the community and relay our thoughts to nexon.
메이플 운영진에게 올리는 공개서한

안녕하세요.

이 회사 이름이 글로벌 메이플스토리라고 자칭하지만 한국에서 오신 회사 내부 고위 직원들이 이 글을 보고 이 게임에서 현존하는 이슈들을 더 효과적인 방도로 해결하는 마음에 이 편지를 씁니다.

(자유의 사슬, 카데나) 이후에 적용된 비한국메이플 맵맵들 (Non-KMS Maps)만 저격한 패치 때문에 리부트 서버 커뮤니티가 들고 일어났습니다.

메이플 플레이어들이 신중하게 상고한 의견들을 포럼에서 표명한 결과, 압도적인 대다수가 이 앞서 말한 변화들은 글로벌 메이플스토리에서 두 번째로 가장 인구수가 많은 리부트 서버에 아주 큰 부정적인 영향을 미칠겄은 물론이며, 야예 서버 리부트 인구수가 대폭 감소해서 서버 자체가 죽어버릴것이라고 주장했습니다.

메이플 개발진 에서 지연된 답을 따르면, 게임 디자인 팀이 미래에 이번 패치에 의한 부정적인 영향들을 완화시키는 패치를 이행시킬수 있는지 생각해보겠다고 했습니다.

이 이슈에 대해서 아무런 말을 더 하기전에 저희 커뮤니티 매니저 아르우(Arwoo) 에게 우리 플레이어들의 의견들을 메이플 디자인 팀에게 전해준 것에 대하여 감사를 표합니다.

문제는 과거에도 메이플 커뮤니티가 이 게임의 체제에 안 좋은 이슈/문제가 일어나면 메이플 운영진은 언제나 일편단심 입맞춰서 " 생각해보겠다 "고 답했습니다. 그 후로 몇 달, 아니 몇 년이 지난후에도 아무런 조치가 없었습니다.

“이 게임의 경제를 아수라장으로 만들어놓은 해커들을 멈춰주세요, 게정사용 영구정지 절차를 더 제대로 공정하면서 정확하게 만들어주세요, 크리티아스 군단장 침공(Kritias Invasion)/우르스 메소(Ursus 2x Happy Hour) 두베 시간을 시간데 차이때문에 더 늘려주세요, 드랍율 하향율 패치를 멈추세요, 그리고 제트(Jett)와 비스트테이머(Beast Tamer) 직업군들을 상향시켜세요, 칸칸나의 하쿠의 축복(Haku’s Blessing)을 다른 방법으로 밸런스를 맞춰주세요.”

이 토픽들은 모조리 다 과거에 우리 플레이어들이 개발진에게 조치를 취해달라고한 사항들이지만, 개발진이 "생각해보겠다"라고 한뒤 몆년동안 함흥차사 깜깜무소식입니다.

넥슨에서 우리 플레이어들에 대한 몆년동안 지속된 남용에도 불구하고 우리는 이 게임과, 이 게임에서 만든 추억과 친구들이 좋아서, 그리고 우리 커뮤니티 매니저같은 넥슨내 몆직원들이 넥슨이 우리 플레이어들의 아우성을 듣고 넥슨측에서 서서히 게임을 개선하고 있었다고 믿고서 이 게임을 지금까지 해왔습니다.

하지만, 가장 최근패치 이후 일어난 사건들은 그 믿음을 박살내고 넥슨이 우리 고객들을 이제까지 어떻게 생각했는지 다 드러났습니다.

첫번제로는, (자유의 사슬, 카데나)패치가 나오기 며칠 전에 블렉 프라이데이라고 플레이어들에게 수요가 높은 아이텝들을 팔았습니다. 우리 플레이어들은 그때 당시에 새로나올 이벤트들과 컨텐츠들 때문에 들떠서 이 세이때 돈을 많이 쓴 경우가 비일비재 했습니다.

(자유의 사슬, 카데나)패치가 나온 결과, 넥슨이 패치 변경사항에 아무런 말도 안하고 비한국메이플 멥들(Non-KMS Maps) 메소 드랍울이 저격당한게 들어났습니다.

(자유의 사슬, 카데나)패치가 나오기 전에 메이플 포럼에서도 플레이어들 대다수가 이 제안 된 변경은 리부트를 죽일거라는 의견을 내놓았고, 이 변이사항을 지지하는 사람들은 거이 다가 (리부트에서) 메소의 희소성이 올라가면 제일로 큰 이득을 보는 해커/게정판메상들이었습니다.
이 사건은 넥슨이 백날 "플레이어들과 우리 홰사의 의사소통을 개선하고싶다"라고 지껄여봤자 우리의 의견들은 넥슨에게 아무런 가치가 없다는거를 증명했습니다.

한술 더 떠서, 이 사건은 개발진이 우리 플레이어들의 지능을 완전이 묘욕했습니다 - 개발진이 우리 고객들을 최소한 호갱취급이라도 안했으면 이 변경을 변경사항에다가 넣었슬겁니다. 아니, 이런 중대한 변화를 우리가 안 알아 차 리고 넘어갈거란 생각이였습니까?

그게 모자라지 아니였다면, 패치 이후 게임내 자동 해커 감지기능이 완전이 맛이 가서 헤네시스같은 마을안에서 아무것도 안하고있는 무고한 플레이어들의 게정을 영구정지 시켜버리는 웃지못할 일이 일에나고 있습니다. 몇 달 전에도, 셀수없는 무고한 플레이어들이 카나(Kanna) 직업을 플레이 하다가 게정 영구금지를 당했습니다.

플레이어들이 포럼과 고객 지원센터를 문의한 결과, 더이상 문의하면 아에 고객 지원센터에게 더 티켓을 못제출한다나, 무고한 고객들이 몇 천시간과 몃천달러를 투자한 계정들을 "요즘들어서 영구적으로 사용정지한게 옳았습니다" 라는 정신나간 소리까지 들었습니다.

몇일 후, 어떤 실망한 플레이어가 매이프스토리 게임 자체를 아에 접속안한 게정 세게를 만들어서 고겍센터에게 문의한 결과, 고객센터가 단호하게 "여러 번 조사한 결과 우리 기록에 따르면 이 계정은 서비스 약관의 심각한 위반에 연루되어 있음을 나타냅니다" 라는 말도 안되는 답장을 주었습니다.

이겄은 어떤 기업이든 우리 플레이어들이 용납할수 없는 헹동입니다.

이것이 끝입니다. 이 회사는 우리 고객들을 언젠가는 이 게임이 개선되겠다는 거짓 희망가지고 우리를 한눈팔게하는 반면, 우리 고객들을 착취해서 소에서 우유 쥐어짜듣이 돈만 벌 궁리만 했다는게 드러났습니다.

우리 플레이어들은 이제 넥슨이 우리를 개만큼 못하게 생각하고 있다는 것 을 드디어 깨달았습니다.

이 게임의 충성스러운 애용자들이 몇년동안 우리 플레이어들의 의견에 귀를 기울이고 그겄에 반용하여 게임을 발전시켜달라고 손이 발이될때까지 빌을때 넥슨은 우리 플레이어들을 비웃었다는것을 이제야 깨달았습니다.

우리 플레이어들은 넥슨이 한국과 비교해서 미국을 비롯한 글로벌 메이플스토리에 접속하는 세게의 지역들은 완전히 다름에도 불구하고 한국메이플에 최적화된 변형들을 게으럽게 글로벌 메이플스토리에 아무런 생각 없이 도입한다 는 것을 깨달았습니다.

이상적으로 저는 이 시점에서 넥슨에 큰 변화가 와서 우리 플레이어들의 의견들을 듣고 이 게임을 발전해 나갔으면 희망합니다.

하지만 그 시점이 오기 전에는 저를 비롯한 하단의 플레이어들은 이 게임과 회사에 단돈 1센트도 더 쓰지 않을 것입니다.
우리가 입으로 말할 때 넥슨이 듣지 아니하면, 우리는 지갑으로 말할 것입니다.

우리 플레이어들과 넥슨이 둘 다 만족할수있는 그런 게임환경이왔으면 바램에서 이 글을 씁니다.

CriscoTroll 올림
ElystEmberlessAkatsukiXColdMayoエビーFantaNWMattsink123PetalmagicMonmonand 60 others.
  1. After the latest patch, do you plan on spending money on Nexon/this game?157 votes
    1. Yes
       8% (12 votes)
    2. No
       28% (44 votes)
    3. No, but I would gladly do so if Nexon changed its ways.
       64% (101 votes)

Comments

• NWMattNWMatt
    Reactions: 460
    edited December 2017
    I agree with everything in this post. It's incredible to see how little Nexon cares about their community.
    LShadow3STABLEBALANCEKingofrunesMisterPENGUINMauriceDelTacoBooberpuppy
  • ImASpawnSlaveImASpawnSlave
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2017
    All of this wouldn't have happened if nexon didn't nerf Hitokiri Strike - Cooldown Cutter. You all deserved it.

Moderator Note: Watch the flamebaiting
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 5,965
    edited December 2017
    All of this wouldn't have happened if nexon didn't nerf Hitokiri Strike - Cooldown Cutter. You all deserved it.
    Will you...give it up. Please. -sigh- Go, leave. We can keep fighting for this game without you.
  • CriscoTrollCriscoTroll
    edited December 2017

You're not helping anyone. Including yourself.
  • PleasurePleasure
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2017
    Nexon, please.
    STABLEBALANCE
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 5,615
    edited December 2017

They have nothing to do with eachother.
  • illHopeillHope
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
    Please nexon hear us out. At this point without thinking about the reboot population, all you've done will go down the drain.
    edited December 2017
    Unfortunately, the armor Nexon wears is beyond any armor we can get, armor called ToS, meaning our accounts ultimately belongs to them. As skimpy as the piece of meat they toss our way, as long as they do toss some meat our way, they're protected by their proprietary ToS.
    thekenturah
  • AkatsukiXAkatsukiX
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2017
    Something really needs to change.
  • baburdbaburd
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    There's just so much to say about the recent changes. Bottom line is that I'm very disappointed in Nexon for what's happened recently. However, the saddest part is that I think I've actually become accustomed to Nexon being a big disappointment. I don't know much, but I'm pretty sure things are bad when it's commonplace to be disappointed in a game and it's management. Get you sh*t together not just for our sake, but for your sake and your integrity as a gaming company...
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 4,570
    edited December 2017
    the recent changes to the ban system just throw the perm ban hammer at you for having something running in the background that the anti hack doesn't like, you dont even need to be hacking maplestory to get banned for hacking, which is really upsetting and unfair.

especially with no forewarning that something like that would happen and no list of commonly used programs, unrelated to maplestory (not made specifically for hacking maplestory) that may trigger it.

I am extremely mad that me and many others have been potentially banned for something that could have easily been avoided with a little forewarning .

it also needs to be added to the ToU that simply having certain programs running in the background is grounds to be banned, cause as far as I know and can remember it only states that it's illegal to use 3rd party programs with intent to hack maplestory or mod client files. simply having other programs running in conjunction with maplestory and not messing with maplestory in any fashion was not detailed in the ToU as far as I recall.
    SherriSlicedTimeKingofrunes
  • DisDis
    Reactions: 530
    edited December 2017
    I agree with everything in this post.

Nexon, please, you all must open your eyes and rethink the way you see all of your playerbase, who are also clients/potential clients. The way you have to solve these kind of problems is not efficient and we're not happy with that.

I think it's time for Nexon to actually listen to us and do something about it...read threads posted on this forum, on Reddit. They're all well funded and well written by players who carry and resume most -if not all- our opinions.

We love this game but we can't enjoy it this way. Not with Reboot server dying and our innocent friends getting banned.
    SherriCriscoTroll
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,005
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    This is my own point of view. This is based on the information i have. Though, my information might be true, but also might be wrong.
    1. Actually Nexon is only balancing the game. So far, what we had before was actually an Exploit into the game.

2. Drop rate nerf. It actually doesn't affect the whole community. It only affect the community who have exploited the drop rate and have gotten probably 3k+ nodes. I even know some players before got 10k Nodes because they found ways to exploit the nodes drop(using certain ways and strategy) that made them gained a huge amount of nodes. It is already good that those players who exploit this doesn't get banned. Actually according to maplestory rules, players who exploit things like this and doesn't report it should have gotten banned. And after months, Nexon actually realise their mistake and the exploit happening, and made the changes. It is normal even before the drop rate nerf that people only gain around 1 node per 1-2 hours without drop gear and drop buff. With drop gear and drop buff, supposedly to get around 5-10 nodes depends on classes and maps. But with those exploit, some players actually gotten 100-200 nodes perhour. Yes, it is true, i didn't type it wrong. You can get 100-200 nodes perhour using certain strategy before. Maplestory actually didn't nerf it, but they balance it so some players no longer can exploit it and gain advantage over other players.

3. Invasion since 1 year ago was supposedly only 1 time per 2 hour and at most 6 times per day. Until few months ago, it was bugged and exploited when players can go for 2 times per2 hours or 12 times perday. I think it is because Tyrant Glove can be considered one of the End of the End game. That is why maplestory makes it hard to get. As it is to be a challenge for players to get it. If Maplestory makes every single gear and everything in game too easy to get, I believe without a challenge on certain parts, a huge numbers of players will quit, including me. When this game has no challenge for me anymore, I mostlikely will quit too.

4. Regarding Non-KMS mesos farming map. It was actually an Exploit. Nexon actually didn't realise about it because 90% of GMS content was from Korea Maplestory but at Maplestory Korea, they don't have Non-KMS map. So eventually the update to Non-KMS map will come. Tho i actually gonna miss those times farming at Non-KMS map as probably 99% of the GMS players was actually farming there. Mostlikely, Nexon found out that using certain strategy, some players are able to gain 700millions + mesos on Reboot server perhour. Especially after kanna getting 5th job, the exploit getting larger. If you have played at Reboot for quite some time and experienced, you should have known what i mean.

Probably for Nexon, getting 700mill+ perhour is too much and so they nerf down the mesos farming. It actually only affected mostly people who farm mesos using Kanna. If you used to farming using your main non-kanna class at your near range, you will probably won't get that huge amount of mesos. Even around 8 months ago, you barely can get 400mill perhour. Around 6 months ago, i actually can only farm 100mill perhour. As the amount of mesos farming exploit become tripled, that is why Nexon react towards it. At Korean MS, they don't have Kanna. That is why they are a bit late on responding changes regarding Kanna. Combination of Kishin + kanna's 5th job is just way too broken for mesos farming.

If you actually analyse it like me, you will realise that past few months, Nexon actually made a lot of changes on Kanna. They have changed the amount of kishin mobs summon, they nerf Kanna damage, they put level limitation on mesos drop (have to be near level), rune curse and probably a lot more changes i might have missed. But i can roughly feel that Nexon is trying to tackle this way of farming using Kanna so it won't become an exploit and makes players can gain a larger amount of mesos using this way of farming compare to other ways.

Though i know 99% players are farming using Kanna, including me. But I have tried Farming mesos using my NightWalker main, and i could still gain around 240mill perhour. Though, It is not as broken as before. In my opinion, Nexon /Maplestory might give out another ways of mesos farming, but mostlikely they won't give us the same amount like what we can get before by exploiting it and gain probably 400mill+ perhour or even 700mill+ perhour. Probably another ways that only can get us around roughly 200mill-300mill perhour at max.

This mesos farming changes actually only hit those players who exploit what maplestory missed and gain 700mill+ perhour. Normally, players shouldn't be able to. You can only do those if you use certain strategy and exploit it.

And the 2nd one to get hit by this the most was those kanna afk farming / botters. That is why a huge negative respond coming from players. Most players who actually got hit by this are those players who mainly focusing farming using Kanna's mule/alt. If you are farming using non-kanna main and farming normally on maps around your level and doesn't exploit it, mostlikely not much changes happen.

• CriscoTrollCriscoTroll
    edited December 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »

And the 2nd one to get hit by this the most was those kanna afk farming / botters. That is why a huge negative respond coming from players. Most players who actually got hit by this are those players who mainly focusing farming using Kanna's mule/alt. If you are farming using non-kanna main and farming normally on maps around your level and doesn't exploit it, mostlikely not much changes happen.

Here's the thing. Botters can just go FMA spam other maps and get rates much superior to what people that kanna farm got.

This only inflated value of accounts with botted mesos, and left every single legitimate player that can't farm at CLP with kish in the dust.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,005
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    @Crisco. Yes Crisco. So should Nexon change the rules so that every players are allowed to Bot? or to hack? Regarding players who actually botting or hacking, that is another matter for Nexon to tackle in the future, which i actually don't believe they will be able to do it. Some players who have played since 20 years ago told me, there was hacker 20 years ago and it still exist until now. So, i don't believe Nexon can actually get rid of botters and hackers.

But this balancing thingy, is thing related to Exploit using a certain strategy to gain huge advantage on mesos without using 3rd party program or without breaking any rules, except for keeping silent that there is actually exploit happening and players can get advantage using it. And so i say, this is a balancing.
  • KisaraKisara
    Reactions: 480
    edited December 2017
    If the meso change was because of the "economy" being affected, then why not make that change for reg servers and exclude reboot since everything we have is self progression. I understand that progression has gotten faster than what they intend but for you guys to say "While we understand that swift action is often desired - and sometimes that is very much possible - some issues require a more thorough discussion and plan before we begin to roll out significant changes." and then make this level of change happen overnight with no notes of it in the prior patch notes is slightly hypocritical.
  • Games_Of_ChanceGames_Of_Chance
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2017
    Please hear the playerbase. We want transparency. We need communication.
    edited December 2017
    Hasnt even made a difference in the economy as they said it was the reason for
    edited December 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    @Crisco. Yes Crisco. So should Nexon change the rules so that every players are allowed to Bot? or to hack? Regarding players who actually botting or hacking, that is another matter for Nexon to tackle in the future, which i actually don't believe they will be able to do it. Some players who have played since 20 years ago told me, there was hacker 20 years ago and it still exist until now. So, i don't believe Nexon can actually get rid of botters and hackers.

But this balancing thingy, is thing related to Exploit using a certain strategy to gain huge advantage on mesos without using 3rd party program or without breaking any rules, except for keeping silent that there is actually exploit happening and players can get advantage using it. And so i say, this is a balancing.

"20 years ago" maplestory didnt exist
    CriscoTrollCatoooloooSherriEnvoDarkZetta
  • ImaBlastImaBlast
    Reactions: 1,215
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    CriscoTroll nailed it. Very well said my friend, very well said!!