[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Revert server time back to pacific.

thrakkesthrakkes
Reactions: 2,135
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
A bit over 1 year we have UTC server time, yet still a large amount of players are still use to old server time. Also there are many contents which can't be done by these players due to time zone, mainly North America. As example, Kritias Invasion and flag races. One of these events are only ran between 10am and 10pm UTC I believe, Cryojet if i spell it right.

Heck, in guild I am currently are trying to make two Lucid teams and today (in America), we wanted practice. My team will run after today reset. A guildy of another Lucid team was about to run at noon PST. The thing is that guildy wanted practice with us because some of my team members were not online. He almost ran with us and he lives in time zone at 1hour ahead of pacific, he was never thinking it was now Saturday in-game, I had to tell him but took him several times to make him realize this...

Think about the majority please Nexon Staves. we were SO used to pacific time. Also I fail to understand why you can't put different server time in both verions, GMS and Luna. It's kinda like two games. Or just kick out EMS from GMS completely at some point. Why EMS would rule over GMS?
SolidZeroRandomHappiness
  1. Where do you guys live?6 votes
    1. America
       67% (4 votes)
    2. Europe
       17% (1 vote)
    3. Asia
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Australia
       17% (1 vote)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    Make NA servers PST. Make Europe servers UTC (or whatever Europeans have, sorry I have no idea :c).
    Problem solved.
    SolidZero
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited December 2017
    I am also missing the usual PST reset time for the American server = midnight PST. Thank you for considering putting it back!
    Sherri
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    i actually like it better like this
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2017
    Ugh because of this UTC crap, I can't complete the Breakthrough event. I don't have enough time!
  • SolidZeroSolidZero
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
    With the maintenance going on (for 6 hours) does that mean we ran out of time for the Breakthrough event due to UTC hours and all? Also it seemed kinda funny that I was going for the "creature of the night" medal, but ended up with the "scared of the dark" medal instead due to the server hours.
  • iGoddessiGoddess
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2017
    Flowerdew wrote: »
    I am also missing the usual PST reset time for the American server = midnight PST. Thank you for considering putting it back!

In America it is 6:00 pm cst for me
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited December 2017
    tnyzng wrote: »
    i actually like it better like this

For what reason(s) you like UTC time better? Is it close to your time zone or something else?
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2017
    Hm.. completely missed everything on Saturday because of UTC.
    Oh I'm so sorry it's my birthday and I was spending time with my family! >:(
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Hm.. completely missed everything on Saturday because of UTC.
    Oh I'm so sorry it's my birthday and I was spending time with my family! >:(

Then you came back on Sunday in MS? (UTC) This is another disadvantage of UTC time here. Sorry to hear this =/