[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

video lag/freezing in Hennesy Ruins lvl 190+ maps

zzmerlinaazzmerlinaa
Reactions: 840
edited December 2017 in Tech Support
If I try to hunt in lvl 190+ maps to farm nova boxes (for my lvl), the screen lags like it used to in the Event Hall. Not a prob until the update last week. I can hear actions happening but the screen is not refreshing. I learned from the old event hall lag that cntl/alt/del (opens task mgr), "releases" the screen for a few seconds where I can do stuff. With the hunting maps, I have to do this to open world map to teleport out (or die in map). I had hoped the issue would be addressed in the last patch but still unable to farm nova boxes (or do hunt missions) because of this video lag/freezing.

Comments

• tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    this happens very sporadically for me too
  • zzmerlinaazzmerlinaa
    edited December 2017
    still unable to hunt for event drops/rewards....did super Nova 12/6 & 12/7, then the problem started.
  • LyedenLyeden
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited December 2017
    same happens to me. they wont fix it ofc.
  • zzmerlinaazzmerlinaa
    edited December 2017
    ....still unable to hunt in ruins 190+ or scrapyard 200+...just feed my farm and log off....
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    angery
  • zzmerlinaazzmerlinaa
    edited February 2018
    6 weeks now, using mutant snails to do combo missions. anything higher like stumps unable to do anything but (try to) tele back to town.....
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    It may be a video card graphics issue. Can't exactly isolate the issue since I got a relatively up to date gaming laptop, but I was having this issue a few weeks ago. After buying a new laptop with gtx 1060 8GB and 16 GB RAM, everything seemed to sort itself out. I no longer have the lagging issues from 190+ areas. I also upgraded the cable modem which also if it's outdated bottlenecks your internet speeds, even if your ISP increased the Mbps, the cable modem still bottle necks if it only goes up to certain threshold and the router as well (if you use wifi) but the cable modem is the more important of the two since the router connects to the modem.
  • zzmerlinaazzmerlinaa
    edited March 2018
    freeze stopped finally a week or so ago. still have lag, unable to rack up golem combo's much since lag kills progress, doing stumps with little lag for event drops and combos quests at least. was able to hunt golems before last december when freezing started...
  • zzmerlinaazzmerlinaa
    edited May 2018
    (#^*r#(*& LAG/FREEZING IS BACK after last maint. worked ok at end of march, yesterday spent 30 minutes trying twice to get on a Henn Ruins stump or mask map then cnt/alt/del to get screen to release for a second, open map, repeat c/a/d click on town, c/a/d click on pop-up to tele...not wasting more time again...unable to get dew, unable to do jack in grow event...guess another hiatus after petite planet chair...check back next event. how about making range work so lvl 210 can get event drops from mut snail/pigs since those are highest maps I can move in?