[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cadena 'Teleports' between the edges of the map

duelghostduelghost
Reactions: 1,170
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
I would like emphasize that I am not hacking and not running any third party programs that interfere with MapleStory.

Bug type: Gameplay

Brief bug summary: Cadena's skills causes sometimes causes the character to move from/to the Top/Bottom of the map.

More details:
Cadena for some reason revolves from the top of the map to the bottom (or vice versa) when training

1st Occurrence: , Heliseum, one of the larger maps that have Speeyors in them. I was in the middle of training and used Summon Shotgun on the highest platform in the center of map. While mid-air I saw my character's face shot to the top of the screen for a split second. The simplest way to describe it is as if I took a horizontal line of color from my characters face and just kept on pasting it up the y-axis as far the game's map did. After that I some how ended up at bottom of the map more or less in the x-axis of the map.

2nd Occurrence: I was in Herb Town: Bellflower Valley, I was also in the middle of my training when using Summon Claw around the center of the base platform, for less than a second my character was hemorrhaging around the platform. Right after that I appeared at the top of platform within the similar x-axis.

Other Occurrences (at least one more) have happen, but I have little recollection of them.

Steps to reproduce:
Just keep playing Cadena at very high/low locations in a training map. I don't have a clear way to reproduce this.

Character name:
cadenaghost

Character level:
11x (1st occurrence), 143 (2nd occurrence)

Character job:
Cadena

World name:
MYBKCN (Bellocan)

Date and time of the incident:
Approximately a week ago (1st Occurrence), 12/12/17 11:5x PM PST (2nd Occurrence)
  1. Have you seen this on your Cadena?7 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (7 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    I noticed that too, but without a reliable way to reproduce it I passed it off as a graphics glitch.

If anyone else has additional information, feel free to chime in.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    It's happened to me as well, but I couldn't tell what caused it so chalked it up to strange combo side-effects (my combo timing is very inconsistent).
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2017
    I feel like it happens when I'm using the Pursuit skill, I'm not really sure but almost definitely when airborne. I should probably record a session to see what I'm doing when it happens. It kinda looks like you glitch through the map to some out of bounds area so the game resets your position.
  • duelghostduelghost
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Argent wrote: »
    I feel like it happens when I'm using the Pursuit skill, I'm not really sure but almost definitely when airborne. I should probably record a session to see what I'm doing when it happens. It kinda looks like you glitch through the map to some out of bounds area so the game resets your position.

I have seen that happen on other characters in certain maps (i.e. Boat Quay Town), the screen would go dark as if I went though a portal and reset me to one of the portals in the map. This bug does not have the same proprieties as this. Not to mention I've never seen the top of the map be considered to be out of bounds.