[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

"Failed to load region configuration-

KorazyKorazy
Reactions: 100
edited December 2017 in Tech Support
Reinstalled Windows today and tried to download the Nexon Launcher but for some reason, post-download, I try to start it and it pops up with an error saying "Failed to load region configuration from the internet!" every time, can someone explain what I'm supposed to do here? I've seem to have found other with this same problem scattered around the past year, but none have gotten any replies from support it seems.

Comments

• ExeuxExeux
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2017
    Hopefully it's ok for me to reply? I don't play Maplestory, but I play mabinogi. I had this issue too with my new computer, and I just got it to work.

I had to change my internet connection's Network Location from Public to Private. I have windows 10 (ew) and followed these instructions:
    tenforums.com/tutorials/6815-set-network-location-private-public-windows-10-a.html

And then the Nexon Launcher opened up like it's supposed to, and I was able to login and download my game. So I'm guessing the issue was with the computer's Firewall? This solution might not be practical if connected to wi-fi that's not "safe" like a home network, so maybe try adding Nexon Launcher and its processes to the list of programs allowed through the Firewall instead?

What I also did before changing the Network Location was did the change in Option 4 of foxkid's post:
    forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/14156/nexon-launcher-broken
    I had to type "runtime" in. I also changed it so that it would run as administrator; not sure if it's necessary or not but worth a try.

Hopefully these also work for you!
  • Lukeman1881Lukeman1881
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    Same problem here. Tried the above with no success. Also on windows 10. Tried disabling firewalls as well. Anyone else have suggestions/a fix?