[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Other players invisible?

DMHDMH
Reactions: 1,015
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
I have been on two different maps (Perion and Kerning) where a rune appeared and then almost immediately went off right as I got to it (and I had seen mobs being killed around me on the second one) but I didn't see another player and there was no red dot on the map. The most recent time - the player actually partied me because I didn't leave (I am new to Hayato and I thought maybe I was making the purple tags on the monsters somehow but it looked like a Kanna attack - and sure enough the person who partied me was a Kanna) I have been playing Maplestory for over 10 years - never have seen anything like this before)

Comments

• ikematsuikematsu
    Reactions: 560
    edited December 2017
    I have the same bug... sometimes i can't see other's npc or players.. or myself!
    JV7NEas.jpg
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    DMH wrote: »
    I have been on two different maps (Perion and Kerning) where a rune appeared and then almost immediately went off right as I got to it (and I had seen mobs being killed around me on the second one) but I didn't see another player and there was no red dot on the map. The most recent time - the player actually partied me because I didn't leave (I am new to Hayato and I thought maybe I was making the purple tags on the monsters somehow but it looked like a Kanna attack - and sure enough the person who partied me was a Kanna) I have been playing Maplestory for over 10 years - never have seen anything like this before)

That, my friend, is what a 2017 hacker looks like. Some of them are that good that they're not visible on the map (the character is usually outside the bounds of the map), and it is, indeed, likely a Kanna that is making the purple marks appear above the monsters. The screenshot ikematsu posted is just a straight-up graphical glitch, but pretty lulz nonetheless :D